Re: 1:440?

  • sutfin
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 11, 1999
      Jacob,

      The Tiny Trains that Sam is referring to are not functional, operating
      models on rails. They are fairly realistic looking wooden models pulled
      around a slot in the layout by a 'wire'. They are very neat looking
      layouts, more of a novelty than an actual modeling/operating layout. I
      think one would look good incorporated in an 'N' scale layout as a Live
      Steam layout, etc.

      Not really inexpensive. If you, or anyone has a chance to visit a GATS
      show, they have had a small 4"x4" model on display at their information
      table for the last couple of years.

      Hope this helps!

      Terry Sutfin
    • pleahy@xxxxxxxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 14, 1999
        I saw a simple oval setup (Don't remember the scale, but much smaller than
        Zscale) at a show in Springfield Ma. back in jan. Its' mtion was achieved
        by magnets. One on the bottom of the train and one under the base of the
        whole setup that was moved along the path of the track by a turntable type
        mechanism. It was a cute novelty at most. and way overpriced.

        Pete Leahy