Göppingen Show!

  • kurtulueck@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2003
      Hi Folks,

      it was again a great show in Goeppingen, big crowds of people were visiting
      all the excibits. Several real steam, diesel and electric loco's were
      displayed at the railway station.

      The Z & N scale hall was very well visited by thousands of enthusiasts. Even
      some of the members of this list were seen there! For US railroader the FR
      booth was of course one of the main attractions. I have uploaded some more
      picture of the F40PH in the NewZ section of the RRR Homepage. Here I met with
      Rob Klutz, Hans Riddervolt and of course Harald and Ilona Freudenreich. It
      was very interesting to hear that either FR and AZL are foreseeing space in
      the locos to accept decoders. Z and digital control will become more and more
      common! In Europe the most used system is not DCC but Selectrix.

      The meeting at the Z92 booth on Saturday was overwhelming just by the number
      of people coming together, the booth of Z92 was by ways too small. So Z is
      really alive! From the German language list Armin, Jens, Jo, Andrej, Jörg,
      Dieter and many others were participating. A few pictures you can see at the
      NewZ section of the RRR Homepage.

      Many of the Z scalers stayed overnight and were planning to come together in
      the evening. I hope to see some pics and some words from this exciting events
      later ffrom the participants.

      Together with my club collegues from the local Markdorf model railroad club
      we traveled by train to this event. At wonderful weather it was nice to
      travel on the famous Geislinger Steige to Goeppingen.

      Seeya the next time in Goeppingen!

      Kurt

      The Redrock Railroad - Home of the Desert Hog
      http://hometown.aol.de/redrockrail/index.html