Re: [z_scale] Used Z Prices

  • zbendtrack@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , May 2 10:16 PM
      Rob Kluz:

      > Very interesting observations. I have noticed also the increase of Z prices.

      <snip>
      > can't tell you how many times that I see individual items that are new
      > selling for more then the retail value at local hobby shops.

      Sadly, the "used outlets" are not only grossly overpricing things that are in
      current production and on store shelves, but tonight's set of posts on a
      "certain" auction site was overloaded with misrepresentations and flat out
      right lies.

      Nubies, be very careful not to be taken in by N scale items sold as Z scale,
      or "High Speed" diesels as copies of a much sought after GP-38. The rule of
      "let the buyer beware" seems to apply more and more every day.

      If you can find these auction sites on the web, then you have the Internet
      skills to find reputable dealers on the web as well. Avoid buying an
      overpriced "something" that you may wind up tossing in the trash can.

      A sad state of affairs (called greed) in response to a promising growth of Z
      scale.

      A very irritated,
      Bill K.
      Houston

    • RanddomZ
      Message 2 of 6 , May 3 9:42 AM
        Agreed! I must chime in and warn of the guy that is selling "DIECAST"
        military vehicle miniatures that "retail for $7.99 to $9,99". These
        are actually old ISM 1/285 scale wargaming figures that can be had at
        gaming stores for $5-$6 a package of 5. I keep seeing these things
        presented as loads and scenics, and they are neither Z nor diecast.
        Just as a referance, the Z scale person is nominally 6 mm tall, the
        1/285 person iss 4.5 mm tall - big differance. Moreover, if these
        things are to be used as loads, you can figure they each weigh around 15
        grams or half an ounce: not good for long trains.
        Done ranting now...