Re: [z_scale] Improved slow speed performance by DCC & caps

  • Mario Daigle
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1 7:28 PM
      Kurt, Thanks for sharing your Z web site with us!I really enjoyed it. I especially loved the photo that says: "Veeery slowly Lonesome dove awakes..." (it just looks SO real!!!). It's always super nice to see what other Zers are up to and doing with our little marvels.I encourage all of you to go and visit his site, (unless everyone else has already had the chance...) Congratulations! Keep up the good work. I'll be back to browse some more for sure. Cheers!. Mario Daigle

      kurtulueck@... wrote:Hi Folks,

      as already mentioned in the DCC group, the use of DCC in junction with
      capacitors is improving significantly the slow speed performance of our small
      engines.

      DCC is well for good throttle control and with a "cap-pack" to provide the
      engine with power when running on a piece of dirt you won't have any stopping
      on turnouts or difficult tracks anymore when running your engine slow. I just
      did the first conversion to a cap-pack into a MIkado. It is really amazing -
      like running in H0 or bigger!! The engine has no additional power pick-up but
      is running as smooth as two electricly connected and motored F units. This
      little ugly piece of dirt you never be able to remove completely from the
      track DOES NOT DISTURB ANYMORE!

      If you like to know more about this technology read in the DCC archives and
      have a view on the updated digital pages of the Red Rock Railroad Homepage.

      Highball!

      Kurt

      The Redrock Railroad - Home of the Desert Hog
      http://hometown.aol.de/redrockrail/index.html

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor