Z scale vendor: www.ajckids.com - Has anyone used them?

  • tedlamar
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2003
      www.Ajckids.com (Texas, USA, I think)

      They have the best price I have found for the 81835 ('03 Two Train
      USA Set) at $400. This is more than $300. less than other places
      I've seen it. [I think $729. was the most]

      I've never used these guys - ot heard of them, for that matter. The
      price is also listed as a "Pre-Order" price, and they say I wouldn't
      be charged more....but they would give my deposit of 20 percent back
      if they can't sell it to me for that.

      The site looks really good....too good for a rip-off, I THINK, but
      has anyone tak3n the plunge here?

      Thanks,

    • Mihalka, Michael
      Message 2 of 3 , May 2, 2003
        Folks,

        Yet more good reasons to come to Germany to pick up your set. <http://www.smdv.de> www.smdv.de has this set at 354.95 EUR but www.lokshop.de says it will not appear before 10/2003. So I suggest that we get together at the Oktoberfest and cruise the several shops in Munich that carry Zed. I have one on order from my local dealer and I will let you know when it arrives. The Sante Fe passenger car train is also pretty sweet.

        Cheers!
        Michael

        They have the best price I have found for the 81835 ('03 Two Train
        USA Set) at $400. This is more than $300. less than other places
        I've seen it. [I think $729. was the most]

        I've never used these guys - ot heard of them, for that matter. The
        price is also listed as a "Pre-Order" price, and they say I wouldn't
        be charged more....but they would give my deposit of 20 percent back
        if they can't sell it to me for that.

        The site looks really good....too good for a rip-off, I THINK, but
        has anyone tak3n the plunge here?

        Thanks,

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1706533816:HM/A=1564415/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60164784&partid=3170658>
        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupmail/S=:HM/A=1564415/rand=620366586>

      • ted_lamar@peoplesoft.com
        Message 3 of 3 , May 2, 2003
          I will be in Northern Germany for the first two weeks of August.

          Any stores I should [can] see...anywhere between Hamburg and Kiel.

          What about stores in Denmark?