Re: [z_scale] Help, I don't speak german!

  • Jay & Anne Greer
    Message 1 of 15 , May 1 6:57 AM
      Hi Joel,
      Thanks for the kind words. Sharing information is what makes our hobby more
      enjoyable.
      Cheers,
      Jay

      Hi Jay and Anne. Thanks for your kind offer to help me start my z layout.
      Helmut Paule has been doing a great job. I have noticed how helpful you have
      been to so many z'ers and I am proud to be part of a group that are so
      willing to reach out above and beyond the normal call of duty in service to
      all mankind. It is so refreshing during these times of termoil in our small
      world. Soenke also offered his assistance. Peace and God be with you.
      Regards, Joel

    • Rick Saviano
      Message 2 of 15 , May 4 7:19 AM
        Jay and Anne,

        I haven't been following this thread for a while, so excuse me if I'm giving you
        information youo already have about translation from German.

        http://world.altavista.com/

        gives a pretty good translation from one language to another. It is known as Alta Vista's
        Babel Fish (from Douglas Adams' "Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy"). BabelFish.com is a
        translation services company. The difference: Alta Vista's services are free.

        -Rick Saviano

        Jay & Anne Greer wrote:

        > Hi Joel,
        > Thanks for the kind words. Sharing information is what makes our hobby more
        > enjoyable.
        > Cheers,
        > Jay
        >
        > Hi Jay and Anne. Thanks for your kind offer to help me start my z layout.
        > Helmut Paule has been doing a great job. I have noticed how helpful you have
        > been to so many z'ers and I am proud to be part of a group that are so
        > willing to reach out above and beyond the normal call of duty in service to
        > all mankind. It is so refreshing during these times of termoil in our small
        > world. Soenke also offered his assistance. Peace and God be with you.
        > Regards, Joel

      • Greg McAndrews
        Message 3 of 15 , May 4 8:03 AM
          I have also used the following site. I prefer it over Altavista because
          it often provides synonyms. Prompt also provides additional European
          language options. You can then look them up a German/English dictionary
          to select the appropriate word. Sometimes you have to play around to
          find out which "English" the translator is using too. Somehow we ant
          the Brits have done some very different things with our "common"
          language. I made a mistake using the English word "check" and it was
          translated as "check up" as you do at the doctor or auto shop. "Cheque"
          is the word the translator took. I often run my translations through the
          translator back into English, to get a better idea of what the
          translator has done to my thoughts. Those translators certainly save a
          lot of dictionary "look ups".

          http://translation2.paralink.com/

          Jay & Anne Greer wrote:

          > Hi Joel,
          > Thanks for the kind words. Sharing information is what makes our
          hobby more
          > enjoyable.
          > Cheers,
          > Jay
          >
          > Hi Jay and Anne. Thanks for your kind offer to help me start my z
          layout.
          > Helmut Paule has been doing a great job. I have noticed how helpful
          you have
          > been to so many z'ers and I am proud to be part of a group that are so
          > willing to reach out above and beyond the normal call of duty in
          service to
          > all mankind. It is so refreshing during these times of termoil in our
          small
          > world. Soenke also offered his assistance. Peace and God be with you.
          > Regards, Joel

          DoseZ!

          > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=247865.3003379.4507215.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1706
          533816:HM/A=1482387/R=0/*http:/ads.x10.com/?bHlhaG9vaG0xLmRhd=1052058291
          %3eM=247865.3003379.4507215.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1706533816:HM/A=148238
          7/R=1=1052058291%3eM=247865.3003379.4507215.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170653
          3816:HM/A=1482387/R=2>

          <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=247865.3003379.4507215.1261774/D=egrou
          pmail/S=:HM/A=1482387/rand=811063533>

          "Z" WARNING! HANDLE WITH CARE! Highly addictive in Small
          DoseZ!

        • Jay & Anne Greer
          Message 4 of 15 , May 4 9:54 AM
            Thanks Rick,
            I am already aware of Babel Fish, but am forging ahead with my course from
            Rosetta Stone.
            Your kind offer to help is non the less very much appreciated!
            Best Wishes,
            Jay Greer/Trax Inc.

            From: Rick Saviano <saviano@...>
            Date: Sun, 04 May 2003 09:19:55 -0500
            To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com

            Jay & Anne Greer wrote:

            > Hi Joel,
            > Thanks for the kind words. Sharing information is what makes our hobby more
            > enjoyable.
            > Cheers,
            > Jay
            >
            > Hi Jay and Anne. Thanks for your kind offer to help me start my z layout.
            > Helmut Paule has been doing a great job. I have noticed how helpful you have
            > been to so many z'ers and I am proud to be part of a group that are so
            > willing to reach out above and beyond the normal call of duty in service to
            > all mankind. It is so refreshing during these times of termoil in our small
            > world. Soenke also offered his assistance. Peace and God be with you.
            > Regards, Joel

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .