Re: Welcome to z_scale@onelist.com

  • Lindy9113@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 30, 1999
      Hi, my names Dave and I live in Kansas. Right now I model in N scale and
      collect Z scale. I have been stocking up on switches and cars and picking up
      an F unit or two. I had hoped to add some more diesels but the cost is
      somewhat prohibitive and the selection is poor. I hope that Micro Trains wil
      add to their line sometime in the future. Rogues are just out of my price
      range at this point in time, although they are marvelous looking engines.

      Z scale appears to be where N was twenty years ago although the introduction
      of American prototype buildings and cars will help it grow.

      Right now I am picking up all the Peco flex I can buy, I liked Micro Trains
      track appearance but the Peco is so much more flexable and much easier to
      work with.

      That's my 2cents.

      Dave
      in Kansas
    • Hansen, Charles
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 4, 1999
        Greetings -

        I'm Charles Hansen from Boston and must confess to joining out of a new
        interest in narrow gauge, which has been manifested in HOn30 so far but
        could include Nn3. My first HOn30 critter is a HO Bachmann 44-tonner cab on
        an Kato RS-2 N-scale drive and hood. This leaves me with a N-scale Alco cab
        that I'm toying with putting on a Z-scale drive and I'm wondering if any of
        the Z engines are hood units or is that too narrow for the existing motors?
        A European prototype would be OK, but from the little I've seen Z-scale
        engines ain't cheap.

        >Please take a moment to introduce yourself and let us kow about
        your Z Scale interests. Member intros can be found in the >"Shared Files"
        section of z_scale in the "Who are we" directory.

        I searched all over One-list and can't find the "Who are we"
        directory.

        Thanks, Charles
      • Jeff Masiello
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 26, 1999
          hey hows it goin
          I seem to be having issues with the list. at first it lets me submit an email then it sends me the email from the list like I requested then it sends me a failure notice. thn doesn't appear on the group. I'm using the post listing form.
          Any suggestions?

          --
          "There comes a time in the life of almost every woman when she has to choose between a species of slavery and freedom, and when, if she ever expects to enjoy future liberty, she must hoist the red flag of revolt and make a fight for her rights." -- Dorothy Dix (Oct.
          29, 1899)
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 26, 1999
            Hi Jeff,

            You post came through loud and clear to my mail box at least. As far as the
            intricacies of inter-server failure messages and glitches are concerned, I
            don't have the slightest clue!!! It seems to be working though.

            Now ask us a Z related question in order to wake-up our panel of experts ;-)

            Cheers,
            Jeffrey