Help, I don't speak german!

  • joel sherman
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 15, 2003
      I saw this layout in 3 magazines published in Germany, by marklin (3/99 4/99 5/99) called Kleine Anlage zum groben Hobby. I love the layout but need to know if anybody has a translation of the text (in english). If you do I will be forever grateful if you forward it to me. Thanks in advance

    • Jay & Anne Greer
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 15, 2003
        Hi Joel,
        I can help you translate if you will forward the text to me. The name you
        quoted is "Small Layout to the Big Hobby" Or as we would say, A big hobby
        creates a small layout. My German isn't perfect but I can get along.
        Cheers,
        Jay Greer/Trax Inc.

        From: joel sherman <omg_joel@...>
        Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 13:40:53 -0700 (PDT)
        To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [z_scale] Help, I don't speak german!

        I saw this layout in 3 magazines published in Germany, by marklin (3/99 4/99
        5/99) called Kleine Anlage zum groben Hobby. I love the layout but need to
        know if anybody has a translation of the text (in english). If you do I will
        be forever grateful if you forward it to me. Thanks in advance

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT
        var lrec_target="_top"; var lrec_URL = new Array(); lrec_URL[1] =
        "http://rd.yahoo.com/M=231971.3069354.4492417.1728375/D=egroupweb/S=17065338
        16:HM/A=1540635/R=0/id=flashurl/*http://shop.store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?p
        roflowers2+shopping:dmad/M=231971.3069354.4492417.1728375/D=egroupweb/S=1706
        533816:HM/A=1540635/R=1/1050439255+http://us.rmi.yahoo.com/rmi/http://www.pr
        oflowers.com/rmi-unframed-url/http://www.proflowers.com/freechocolate/index.
        cfm%3FREF=FCHYahooEgroupsEasterLRECgif"; var
        link="javascript:LRECopenWindow(1)"; var lrec_flashfile =
        'http://us.yimg.com/a/pr/proflowers/proflowers_easter_300x250.swf?clickTAG='
        +link+''; var lrec_altURL =
        "http://rd.yahoo.com/M=231971.3069354.4492417.1728375/D=egroupweb/S=17065338
        16:HM/A=1540635/R=2/id=altimgurl/*http://shop.store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?
        proflowers2+shopping:dmad/M=231971.3069354.4492417.1728375/D=egroupweb/S=170
        6533816:HM/A=1540635/R=3/1050439255+http://us.rmi.yahoo.com/rmi/http://www.p
        roflowers.com/rmi-unframed-url/http://www.proflowers.com/freechocolate/index
        .cfm%3FREF=FCHYahooEgroupsEasterLRECgif"; var lrec_altimg =
        "http://us.yimg.com/a/pr/proflowers2/easter_tulip_300x250_choc.gif"; var
        lrec_width = 300; var lrec_height = 250;

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      • Helmut Paule
        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 16, 2003
          Hi Joe,
          I could translate it for you,
          But I need the Articles you listed !
          "Z" Greetings
          Helmut

          > I saw this layout in 3 magazines published in Germany, by marklin (3/99
          4/99 5/99) called Kleine Anlage zum groben Hobby. I love the layout but
          need to know if anybody has a translation of the text (in english). If you
          do I will be forever grateful if you forward it to me. Thanks in advance

        • Juan Carlos Lopez
          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 16, 2003
            Hi everybody:

            I would like to know your experiences in shopping with
            Lokshop (Germany) if someone has shopped with them, I
            mean, response times, delivery times, shipping, $
            charging for Non EU countries, etc.

            I will as always appreciate your very kind help.

            JC

            =====

            Best Regards

            Juan Carlos L.
            http://www.geocities.com/jcarloslm/JC_Main.html

            http://search.yahoo.com
          • Helmut Paule
            Message 5 of 15 , Apr 16, 2003
              Hi Juan Carlos,

              I had never problems with the Lockshop (Germany) in the last 5 years..
              If your order Product, is in stock, delivery estimated about 2-3 weeks
              He invoices in EURO
              He deducts the German 16 % Mehrwertsteuer (13.79% tax)
              You pay Insurance 0,8 % (may changes)
              You pay shipping cost
              ( my average was EURO 20.00 on an Invoice EURO 179.00)
              depends on shipping weight !
              You pay export handling rate : Non EU, 3.5%
              I paid with MasterCard...
              There is no Duty on Modeltrain stuff from US Customs.

              hope that helps...

              e-mail : Vertrieb@...

              "Z" Greetings, Helmut

              > I would like to know your experiences in shopping with
              > Lokshop (Germany) if someone has shopped with them, I
              > mean, response times, delivery times, shipping, $
              > charging for Non EU countries, etc.
              >
              > I will as always appreciate your very kind help.
              >
              > JC
              >
              > =====
              >
              > Best Regards
              >
              > Juan Carlos L.
              > http://www.geocities.com/jcarloslm/JC_Main.html

              > http://search.yahoo.com

            • joel
              Message 6 of 15 , Apr 16, 2003
                Hi Helmut. The article is 22 pages but about 15 to 18 pages of text. I'll gladly fax it to you on landline phone if you'll share your fax # with me. I know you live in Tampa bay and I'm sure you don't want your # on yahoo.You can email me your fax # to joemel@.... or would you prefer that I do it another way. Please Helmut, if you think this will be to much work, I'll understand.

                Helmut Paule <hpaule@...> wrote:Hi Joe,
                I could translate it for you,
                But I need the Articles you listed !
                "Z" Greetings
                Helmut

                > I saw this layout in 3 magazines published in Germany, by marklin (3/99
                4/99 5/99) called Kleine Anlage zum groben Hobby. I love the layout but
                need to know if anybody has a translation of the text (in english). If you
                do I will be forever grateful if you forward it to me. Thanks in advance

                Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
                var lrec_target="_top"; var lrec_URL = new Array(); lrec_URL[1] = "http://rd.yahoo.com/M=231971.3069354.4492417.1728375/D=egroupweb/S=1706533816:HM/A=1540635/R=0/id=flashurl/*http://shop.store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?proflowers2+shopping:dmad/M=231971.3069354.4492417.1728375/D=egroupweb/S=1706533816:HM/A=1540635/R=1/1050507311+http://us.rmi.yahoo.com/rmi/http://www.proflowers.com/rmi-unframed-url/http://www.proflowers.com/freechocolate/index.cfm%3FREF=FCHYahooEgroupsEasterLRECgif"; var link="javascript:LRECopenWindow(1)"; var lrec_flashfile = 'http://us.yimg.com/a/pr/proflowers/proflowers_easter_300x250.swf?clickTAG='+link+''; var lrec_altURL = "http://rd.yahoo.com/M=231971.3069354.4492417.1728375/D=egroupweb/S=1706533816:HM/A=1540635/R=2/id=altimgurl/*http://shop.store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?proflowers2+shopping:dmad/M=231971.3069354.4492417.1728375/D=egroupweb/S=1706533816:HM/A=1540635/R=3/1050507311+http://us.rmi.yahoo.com/rmi/http://www.proflowers.com/rmi-unframed-url/http://www.proflowers.com/freechocolate/index.cfm%3FREF=FCHYahooEgroupsEasterLRECgif"; var lrec_altimg = "http://us.yimg.com/a/pr/proflowers2/easter_tulip_300x250_choc.gif"; var lrec_width = 300; var lrec_height = 250;

              • Joe Brum
                Message 7 of 15 , Apr 16, 2003
                  Hi Helmut. I really appreciate your help BUT you have the wrong Joe. Best
                  regards, (the other) Joe
                • Sönke Löffler-von Gierke
                  Message 8 of 15 , Apr 24, 2003
                    Hi, Joel,

                    these articles were published in 'Maerklin Magazin' - which is kind
                    of independent from Maerklin.
                    How to build the whole "Kleine Anlage" was described in 9 articles.
                    That's quite a lot of stuff to translate.
                    I have them all at home, and I want to build this layout for myself,
                    too. With a few changes, of cause.

                    Well, if you want some photocopies ...

                    Best RegardZ
                    Sönke

                    Message 9 of 15 , Apr 24, 2003
                      Hi Sonke. Thanks for the reply. I have the three magazines but as you know, its all in german. Do you have it translated, or at least the parts that have the construction and wiring in english? If you do I would be forever grateful. You can contact me direct at omg_joel@.... Hope to hear from you soon. P.S. I plan to make some changes too.

                      S�nke_L�ffler-von_Gierke <lvg@...> wrote:Hi, Joel,

                      these articles were published in 'Maerklin Magazin' - which is kind
                      of independent from Maerklin.
                      How to build the whole "Kleine Anlage" was described in 9 articles.
                      That's quite a lot of stuff to translate.
                      I have them all at home, and I want to build this layout for myself,
                      too. With a few changes, of cause.

                      Well, if you want some photocopies ...

                      Best RegardZ
                      S�nke

                      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, joel sherman <omg_joel@y...> wrote:
                      > I saw this layout in 3 magazines published in Germany, by marklin
                      (3/99 4/99 5/99) called Kleine Anlage zum groben Hobby. I love the
                      layout but need to know if anybody has a translation of the text (in
                      english). If you do I will be forever grateful if you forward it to
                      me. Thanks in advance

                      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                    • Sönke Löffler-von Gierke
                      Message 10 of 15 , Apr 30, 2003
                        Hi, Joel!

                        Unfortunately I don't have the articles translated, but have to do it
                        myself. That is a pretty time-consuming job. But I can offer you to
                        translate one of your choice for you.
                        Please mail your favorite article, and I'll start working on it.

                        Best RegardZ
                        Soenke

                        p.s.: Your mail at yahoo doesn't work. So I reply this way. - S.

                        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, joel <omg_joel@y...> wrote:
                        > Hi Sonke. Thanks for the reply. I have the three magazines but as
                        you know, its all in german. Do you have it translated, or at least
                        the parts that have the construction and wiring in english? If you do
                        I would be forever grateful. You can contact me direct at
                        omg_joel@y... Hope to hear from you soon. P.S. I plan to make some
                        changes too.
                      • joel

                          From: joel sherman <omg_joel@...>
                          Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 13:40:53 -0700 (PDT)
                          To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com

[...]

                          var lrec_target="_top"; var lrec_URL = new Array(); lrec_URL[1] = "http://rd.yahoo.com/M=231971.3069354.4492417.1728375/D=egroupweb/S=1706533816:HM/A=1540635/R=0/id=flashurl/*http://shop.store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?proflowers2+shopping:dmad/M=231971.3069354.4492417.1728375/D=egroupweb/S=1706533816:HM/A=1540635/R=1/1050441753+http://us.rmi.yahoo.com/rmi/http://www.proflowers.com/rmi-unframed-url/http://www.proflowers.com/freechocolate/index.cfm%3FREF=FCHYahooEgroupsEasterLRECgif"; var link="javascript:LRECopenWindow(1)"; var lrec_flashfile = 'http://us.yimg.com/a/pr/proflowers/proflowers_easter_300x250.swf?clickTAG='+link+''; var lrec_altURL = "http://rd.yahoo.com/M=231971.3069354.4492417.1728375/D=egroupweb/S=1706533816:HM/A=1540635/R=2/id=altimgurl/*http://shop.store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?proflowers2+shopping:dmad/M=231971.3069354.4492417.1728375/D=egroupweb/S=1706533816:HM/A=1540635/R=3/1050441753+http://us.rmi.yahoo.com/rmi/http://www.proflowers.com/rmi-unframed-url/http://www.proflowers.com/freechocolate/index.cfm%3FREF=FCHYahooEgroupsEasterLRECgif"; var lrec_altimg = "http://us.yimg.com/a/pr/proflowers2/easter_tulip_300x250_choc.gif"; var lrec_width = 300; var lrec_height = 250;

                        • Jay & Anne Greer
                          Message 12 of 15 , May 1, 2003
                            Hi Joel,
                            Thanks for the kind words. Sharing information is what makes our hobby more
                            enjoyable.
                            Cheers,
                            Jay

                            Hi Jay and Anne. Thanks for your kind offer to help me start my z layout.
                            Helmut Paule has been doing a great job. I have noticed how helpful you have
                            been to so many z'ers and I am proud to be part of a group that are so
                            willing to reach out above and beyond the normal call of duty in service to
                            all mankind. It is so refreshing during these times of termoil in our small
                            world. Soenke also offered his assistance. Peace and God be with you.
                            Regards, Joel

                          • Rick Saviano
                            Message 13 of 15 , May 4, 2003
                              Jay and Anne,

                              I haven't been following this thread for a while, so excuse me if I'm giving you
                              information youo already have about translation from German.

                              http://world.altavista.com/

                              gives a pretty good translation from one language to another. It is known as Alta Vista's
                              Babel Fish (from Douglas Adams' "Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy"). BabelFish.com is a
                              translation services company. The difference: Alta Vista's services are free.

                              -Rick Saviano

                              Jay & Anne Greer wrote:

                              > Hi Joel,
                              > Thanks for the kind words. Sharing information is what makes our hobby more
                              > enjoyable.
                              > Cheers,
                              > Jay
                              >
                              > Hi Jay and Anne. Thanks for your kind offer to help me start my z layout.
                              > Helmut Paule has been doing a great job. I have noticed how helpful you have
                              > been to so many z'ers and I am proud to be part of a group that are so
                              > willing to reach out above and beyond the normal call of duty in service to
                              > all mankind. It is so refreshing during these times of termoil in our small
                              > world. Soenke also offered his assistance. Peace and God be with you.
                              > Regards, Joel

                            • Greg McAndrews
                              Message 14 of 15 , May 4, 2003
                                I have also used the following site. I prefer it over Altavista because
                                it often provides synonyms. Prompt also provides additional European
                                language options. You can then look them up a German/English dictionary
                                to select the appropriate word. Sometimes you have to play around to
                                find out which "English" the translator is using too. Somehow we ant
                                the Brits have done some very different things with our "common"
                                language. I made a mistake using the English word "check" and it was
                                translated as "check up" as you do at the doctor or auto shop. "Cheque"
                                is the word the translator took. I often run my translations through the
                                translator back into English, to get a better idea of what the
                                translator has done to my thoughts. Those translators certainly save a
                                lot of dictionary "look ups".

                                http://translation2.paralink.com/

                                Jay & Anne Greer wrote:

                                > Hi Joel,
                                > Thanks for the kind words. Sharing information is what makes our
                                hobby more
                                > enjoyable.
                                > Cheers,
                                > Jay
                                >
                                > Hi Jay and Anne. Thanks for your kind offer to help me start my z
                                layout.
                                > Helmut Paule has been doing a great job. I have noticed how helpful
                                you have
                                > been to so many z'ers and I am proud to be part of a group that are so
                                > willing to reach out above and beyond the normal call of duty in
                                service to
                                > all mankind. It is so refreshing during these times of termoil in our
                                small
                                > world. Soenke also offered his assistance. Peace and God be with you.
                                > Regards, Joel

                                DoseZ!

                                > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                                <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=247865.3003379.4507215.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1706
                                533816:HM/A=1482387/R=0/*http:/ads.x10.com/?bHlhaG9vaG0xLmRhd=1052058291
                                %3eM=247865.3003379.4507215.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1706533816:HM/A=148238
                                7/R=1=1052058291%3eM=247865.3003379.4507215.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170653
                                3816:HM/A=1482387/R=2>

                                <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=247865.3003379.4507215.1261774/D=egrou
                                pmail/S=:HM/A=1482387/rand=811063533>

                                "Z" WARNING! HANDLE WITH CARE! Highly addictive in Small
                                DoseZ!

                              • Jay & Anne Greer
                                Message 15 of 15 , May 4, 2003
                                  Thanks Rick,
                                  I am already aware of Babel Fish, but am forging ahead with my course from
                                  Rosetta Stone.
                                  Your kind offer to help is non the less very much appreciated!
                                  Best Wishes,
                                  Jay Greer/Trax Inc.

                                  From: Rick Saviano <saviano@...>
                                  Date: Sun, 04 May 2003 09:19:55 -0500
                                  To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com

                                  Jay & Anne Greer wrote:

                                  > Hi Joel,
                                  > Thanks for the kind words. Sharing information is what makes our hobby more
                                  > enjoyable.
                                  > Cheers,
                                  > Jay
                                  >
                                  > Hi Jay and Anne. Thanks for your kind offer to help me start my z layout.
                                  > Helmut Paule has been doing a great job. I have noticed how helpful you have
                                  > been to so many z'ers and I am proud to be part of a group that are so
                                  > willing to reach out above and beyond the normal call of duty in service to
                                  > all mankind. It is so refreshing during these times of termoil in our small
                                  > world. Soenke also offered his assistance. Peace and God be with you.
                                  > Regards, Joel

                                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                                  <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .