Re: [z_scale] Re: MT F7 shims (combatting the bulge)

  • dpstripe@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 6, 2003
      TrainRunner@... writes:

      > The reason the MTL doesn't do this is because the shells are a little
      > too small for the powered unit. It you place a B-unit shell over a
      > powered unit, you'll notice that the sides bulge out slightly.

      With some careful, minor modification, this problem can be overcome. I spent
      5 minutes per B shell to get the F7 chassis to fit. I just used the edge of
      an exacto knife and scraped the inside of the shell. I hold the plade
      perpendicular to the material, so that only very small amounts of "powdery"
      plastic are removed at a time. This does thin the shell, but as log as you go
      slow, and check fit often, it works well. I have put pictures in the groups
      photos section in an album called Powered MT B unit. These will probably not
      be there long since the group is almost at capacity. Don't let a little bulge
      scare you.

    • Greg Elmassian
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 6, 2003
        Excellent suggestion!

        I have a warbonnet A unit that hit the floor and broke off the cowcatcher
        (grin)...
        it's going into a B unit today!

        Greg