FA-1 shell and painting Micro Trains F-7

  • scott
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3, 2003
      OK maybe I can't get a PA-1 shell for the Micro Trains F-7. If
      somebody brings out a snap-on FA-1 shell I'd be happy. I'd like to
      model the 1947 American Freedom Train (yes you young whippersnappers,
      there was one before the 1976 version!)
      Also I want to base my layout on the railroads of my hometown when I
      was young. So that means Milwaukee Road, Chicago Nothwestern and
      Green Bay&Western. Id like to re-paint 2 Micro Train F-7's in CNW and
      Milw Road colors, Were there any articles on painting this loco in
      back issues of Z-Track magazine? For the Green bay&Western this will
      be a bit tougher as they were a pure Alco railroad in the 70's.
      BTW over on our favorite auction site someone is selling a Rogue
      Locomotive Works GP38 shell. He had it listed for a 9 day auction.
      The guy knows what he is doing to us, the Pavlov's dog experiment!
      Sit, heel, roll over, drool, BARK! (Bucks! Bucks! Bucks!) I hope the
      winner plans on being a Z-pal and will make castings from it to sell
      to the rest of us:)
    • Elizabeth Hayes
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 5, 2003
        Harald Freudenreich makes/ (made? discontinued?) a CNW commuter set using
        the Micro-Trains f7 shell.

      • ztrack@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 6, 2003
          FR also made a Southern Pacific commuter set with an MT F7 painted in the
          bloody nose paint scheme. The CNW version was very attractive!

          Rob Kluz

          In a message dated 4/5/03 9:42:03 PM, ehayes24@... writes:

          > Harald Freudenreich makes/ (made? Discontinued?) a CNW commuter set using
          > the Micro-Trains f7 shell.

          Ztrack Magazine, Ltd.
          6142 Northcliff Blvd.
          Dublin, OH 43016