Re: Side Rod offset

  • jmac_han
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3, 2003
      Hi Nel,

      Terrific explanation. Your observation that the steamer was 1 gear
      tooth out of synch right out of the box doesn't surprise me one bit.
      While touring the Märklin factory last year I was amazed to see the
      so-called test run area. The locos were placed on a test track and
      run at FULL speed around the track, first forward then
      backward...then placed in the box for shipment! No wonder the
      thumpers manage to get through their QA. Too bad since I've had
      nothing but trouble with Märklin steamers and had to fine tune them
      myself. This is no way to build confidence in a product.

      It almost makes one wonder what Märklin really thinks about their Z
      line. Collectors don't need good running locos, do they?

      Cheers,
      Jeffrey