Layout Photos Updated

  • ztrack@aol.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 30, 2003
      Hello all! I wanted to let everyone know that I have updated the photos of my
      layout on the Ztrack web site. It has been years since I have updated the
      photos and the purchase of a new digital camera prompted me into finally
      doing a long over due update. The layout has grown to approximately 2' x 27'
      feet in roughly a 'U' shape. Much of it is still under construction. Very
      little is what I consider complete. One big addition still to be done is
      skyboards. I think you will see, the white cinder block does not do too much
      for the layout. I will be posting more photos as I go. Click on the link
      below to go to the page. If clicking on the photos, a larger image will load.
      Enjoy! - Rob Kluz

      http://www.ztrack.com/asrtpgs/RKLOpg.html

      Ztrack Magazine, Ltd.
      6142 Northcliff Blvd.
      Dublin, OH 43016
      Phone/Fax (614) 764-1703
      www.ztrack.com

    • jmac_han
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 30, 2003
        Wonderful shots, Rob! I'm glad that you sprung for a digital
        camera. There's so much to enjoy in your photos but I would
        like to say that I was most intrigued by the river boat. Great stuff!

        I can only imagine what a stunning layout you would have with a
        nice backdrop. There's only a little over 2 years to go to the 2005
        National Train Show in Cincinnati. <wink, wink>

        Congratulations.

        Cheers,
        Jeffrey

      • ztrack@aol.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 30, 2003
          Two years! That is just not enough time... I had better get started.

          Actually I do want to share with the list some thoughts we have had for the
          Cincinnati NTS is 2005. Are goal will be to again assemble a monster Z scale
          module layout. We hope to bring in many of the groups from the East coast. My
          local club as starter modules and plans for some series construction are
          underway.

          I am also thinking of having a Z scale convention here in Columbus prior to
          Cincinnati. This would be an informal couple of days to meet other Zers,
          visit Z scale home layouts, and maybe visit some train related local sites.
          We could meet/play for a couple of days with Cincinnati and the modules being
          the highlight of the week. Anyone interested?

          Rob Kluz

          Ztrack Magazine, Ltd.
          6142 Northcliff Blvd.
          Dublin, OH 43016
          Phone/Fax (614) 764-1703
          www.ztrack.com

        • jmac_han
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 30, 2003
            Hi Rob,

            I was sorta hopin' that you'd put together a Z meet as part of NTS
            2005. I thought you'd like to know that as an NMRA SIG we have
            free access to meeting rooms at the NMRA convention hotel for
            the week preceding and during the train show.

            I would encourage members to also consider offering clinics
            during the convention and participate in the module competion at
            the train show. Of course, Rob has a list of Z layouts that we
            could visit in the area. In fact, I hope that you, Rob, would
            consider putting your layout on the convention layout tour
            program. You would blow their minds with your work.

            On a side note I will be giving a Z-themed clinic at the next NTS
            in Toronto in July. I don't how long it's been (if ever) that Z was
            the subject of a formal presentation at an NMRA convention. I
            hope that we can keep the train rolling with clinics at future
            conventions. (Seattle in 2004, Cincinnati in 2005, Philadelphia
            in 2006, Detroit in 2007). I hope to be in Cincinnati as a clinician
            and perhaps with the VEC since I can actually get to there from
            here in one long day's drive.

            See you in Toronto!

            Cheers,
            Jeffrey
          • Edward Scullin
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 30, 2003
              Yes definatly. Tell me what to bring. What about a swap meet too.
              Ed Scullin

              --- ztrack@... wrote:
              > Two years! That is just not enough time... I had better get
              > started.
              >
              > Actually I do want to share with the list some thoughts we have had
              > for the
              > Cincinnati NTS is 2005. Are goal will be to again assemble a
              > monster Z scale
              > module layout. We hope to bring in many of the groups from the East
              > coast. My
              > local club as starter modules and plans for some series
              > construction are
              > underway.
              >
              > I am also thinking of having a Z scale convention here in Columbus
              > prior to
              > Cincinnati. This would be an informal couple of days to meet other
              > Zers,
              > visit Z scale home layouts, and maybe visit some train related
              > local sites.
              > We could meet/play for a couple of days with Cincinnati and the
              > modules being
              > the highlight of the week. Anyone interested?
              >
              > Rob Kluz
              >
              > Ztrack Magazine, Ltd.
              > 6142 Northcliff Blvd.
              > Dublin, OH 43016
              > Phone/Fax (614) 764-1703
              > www.ztrack.com

              http://platinum.yahoo.com
            • Mario Daigle
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 30, 2003
                Rob, what a treat!,
                Great photos of your train room & layout!..."those amazing digital cameras..." (congratulations! on your very practical purchase;" we're all "going to benefit from it!...) it's just as if I was standing in your train room with you!.
                Wonderful layout as I already once said to you. But "back then", you only spoiled us with just a few photos of your layout. Now , I'll be spending more great & enjoyable moments just to study yours pics more carefully. BTW, you sure did a great job with that oil farm. The BP tank' s rusty look, is fantastic. and what about the train station where all the passengers trains are just awaiting their next assignement!, wow! I can't help but be transported in Germany somewhere as if I was just standing there railfaning.
                Keep it up, I (we) can't wait to see more...and other various angles.
                Cheers,
                Mario
                ztrack@... wrote:Hello all! I wanted to let everyone know that I have updated the photos of my
                layout on the Ztrack web site. It has been years since I have updated the
                photos and the purchase of a new digital camera prompted me into finally
                doing a long over due update. The layout has grown to approximately 2' x 27'
                feet in roughly a 'U' shape. Much of it is still under construction. Very
                little is what I consider complete. One big addition still to be done is
                skyboards. I think you will see, the white cinder block does not do too much
                for the layout. I will be posting more photos as I go. Click on the link
                below to go to the page. If clicking on the photos, a larger image will load.
                Enjoy! - Rob Kluz

                http://www.ztrack.com/asrtpgs/RKLOpg.html

                Ztrack Magazine, Ltd.
                6142 Northcliff Blvd.
                Dublin, OH 43016
                Phone/Fax (614) 764-1703
                www.ztrack.com

                Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 31, 2003
                  Very interesting! Yes, I have wondered how your layout looks like.

                  Kari Tanskanen

                  > Hello all! I wanted to let everyone know that I have updated
                  > the photos of my
                  > layout on the Ztrack web site. It has been years since I have
                  > updated the
                  > photos and the purchase of a new digital camera prompted me
                  > into finally
                  > doing a long over due update. The layout has grown to
                  > approximately 2' x 27'
                  > feet in roughly a 'U' shape. Much of it is still under
                  > construction. Very
                  > little is what I consider complete. One big addition still to
                  > be done is
                  > skyboards. I think you will see, the white cinder block does
                  > not do too much
                  > for the layout. I will be posting more photos as I go. Click
                  > on the link
                  > below to go to the page. If clicking on the photos, a larger
                  > image will load.
                  > Enjoy! - Rob Kluz
                  >
                  > http://www.ztrack.com/asrtpgs/RKLOpg.html

                • David George
                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 31, 2003
                    Rob,
                    Veeeery nice ! Thanks for the pictures.
                    What camera did you buy/ I'm looking to finally go digital soon too.
                    Can you some how recreate your layout in modules and travel around with the rest of us Zhead gypsys? AH, the joy of having a home with a basement.
                    BTW , I will show the G~B&CC RR at 3 GATS shows this year, plus the NTS in Toronto.
                    Thanks again for leting all of us see your beautiful work.
                    David G.
                    Spring,Tx.

                    Message 9 of 11 , Mar 31, 2003
                      Rob and Jeffrey,
                      Count me in on an Early 2004 Z meet before Cincy NTS, Columbus layout tour and clinic session.
                      David G.
                      Spring,Tx
                      jmac_han <jmac_han@...> wrote:Hi Rob,

                      Message 10 of 11 , Apr 1, 2003
                        David,

                        I am glad you like the photos! I splurged and bought a Canon EOS 10D. This
                        camera will really let me do some amazing photos that we can use for the
                        publication. I was very disappointed last year that many of my photos at Ft.
                        Lauderdale did not come out. This included most of your layout. At least now,
                        I have a way of previewing the photos and knowing if we need a few additional
                        shots. I am still learning the camera, and as soon as I purchase another
                        Macro, I will be doing many more close-up photos.

                        As for modules, you bet I am working on some. They will be North American
                        prototype, and not European. I am dying to try my hand at modeling the home
                        region. Unfortunately, my home layout does not leave the basement. That is
                        why visitors are always welcome! Take care,

                        Rob

                        Ztrack Magazine, Ltd.
                        6142 Northcliff Blvd.
                        Dublin, OH 43016
                        Phone/Fax (614) 764-1703
                        www.ztrack.com

                      • Jens Wimmel
                        Message 11 of 11 , Apr 4, 2003
                          Hallo Rob

                          Really nice photos with 'original german taste'!!!
                          Ecspecially the brigde/river section is highend-modelling.
                          I hope, I can create a US theme in the same way...

                          Greetings

                          Jens

[...]

                          "Z" WARNING! HANDLE WITH CARE!  Highly addictive in Small
                          DoseZ!