Re: American Z Virus (UP F7 details)

  • jmac_han
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 29, 2003
      Hi Jens,

      It's great to learn that the wiper and hose details are made with
      readily available hobby materials. This is the kind of creativity
      that really drives Z scale. Thanks for sharing your tips with us.

      Here is a link to UP locomotive photos.
      http://www.widowcreek.com/unionpacific/locomotives/

      For others who are interested in other prototype railroads, try the
      NMRA WWW Railroad directory at:
      http://www.cwrr.com/nmra/

      My F7 photo reference is from the book "Union Pacific - Salt Lake
      Route" p155 (UP1431) written by Mark W. Hemphill.

      Micro Scale Krystal Klear (with Ks not Cs) in case you go looking
      for it on the web.

      I found an exact paint match for the F7s I was working on. It is
      Polly Scale #404049 MEC Harvest Gold. This is a little darker
      yellow than UP Armor Yellow. I have noticed that MTL has
      produced UP F7s is at least two variations of yellow so the Polly
      Scale yellow might not be a match to your locos.

      I used numbering sets from Microscale decals set 87-523
      (Union Pacific High tech locomotives) and set 87-36 (Union
      Pacific Freight Diesels with centennial curved wings).

      Cheers,
      Jeffrey

      -- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Jens Wimmel"
      <jens.wimmel@b...> wrote:
      > Hallo Jeffrey
      >
      > Thank you for your very interesting answer!
      > MicroCrystalClear is a product, that I don't know - very
      interesting!