Re: [z_scale] Z scale

  • Mario Daigle
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 28, 2003
      Hi Fred,
      It's nice to know that your back!!! . Have a few days off???!...
      You know, your quite right when you say : Why can't we come up with something else other that a "bloody F7!!!!"... I admit, they are nice, but I think WE are ready for something else!!!...AND at an affordable price!!! .
      Cheers!
      Mario
      Margaret Ladd <pfladds@...> wrote:To Mr Eric Smith-

      I'd like to add my sediments to Mr. David George's letter. I have been squeaking about new Z equipment for years. How many F-7's are we expected to buy to support American Z?? What are they-- 50 or 60 years old? Whats this "Cab Forward"- few people alive today has ever seen one! ( I know what it is, just trying to make a point) To make Z more desireable to the generations coming along, we have to get newer engines and rolling stock. Lets take a Micro train 40' flat car and put a 40' container on it.We end up with a little more container than car. That's just an example of what we are working with. With the divisions of couplers, steam/diesel, USA/Euro-- even Transformer power and not to mention-- BUT I WILL-- Micro Train F-7 is much more realistic than Marklins- Z scale is in a real MESS. New paint jobs do not make the consumer want to buy. Where's the American crane car- the work caboose- the tripple dome tank car- Depressed flat cars
      and AFFORDABLE NEW MOTIVE POWER. I know many believe steam is supreme, and I remember those old pufferbillies pulling into the station, but fewer and fewer know what a 2-8-0 is and more recognise a -9. Thank you for your kind attention and you for our support. Sincerely Yup- here it comes-- Fred Ladd