Re: New Web Site

  • altacrest@aol.com
    Message 1 of 12 , May 5, 2000
      << I encourage Z scalers to mention their web sites on this group. However I
      believe in a basic principle of web etiquette, reciprocity! When one
      mentions his or her web site, please ensure that there is a link to this
      group on your site. >>

      I agree, reciprocal links are "good netiquette" :-)
      I added a link to "z_scale E-mail Group" today at URL:
      http://members.aol.com/altacrest/zgauge.htm

      Gudi Molinari
      Las Vegas, NV
      E-mail: <A HREF="mailto:altacrest@...">ALTACREST@...</A>
      Z-Gauge URL: <A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/altacrest/zgauge.htm">Altacrest
      's Marklin Z-Gauge Train Layouts</A>
    • John W. Kreider
      Message 2 of 12 , May 6, 2000
        Hi Dave,
        I just visited your website and was quite surprised to see there photos
        which appear on my website of the Pennzee hoppers. You state that
        permission was granted but I do not recall ever giving such permission!
        Could you explain this?
        -John

        At 06:36 PM 5/4/2000 -0000, you wrote:
        >Announcing a new Z scale web site... American-Z.com
        >
        >This web site specializes in compiling information on American
        >prototype Z scale model railroading. All the major manufacturers are
        >represented on the pages as are many smaller companies. Images are
        >used liberally, and with manufacturers permission.
        >
        >The goal of this web site is to present all of the American prototype
        >offerings. New releases are presented on the home page after a brief
        >introduction. Particularly helpful is the Micro-Trains archive since
        >there is no archive on their site. My web site is not a commercial
        >enterprise and sells no products. A Links page lists dealers and
        >other web sites of interest.
        >
        >Currently there are Getting Started and Product pages in addition to
        >the Manufacturers and Links pages. The Product Page, still under
        >construction, shows many pictures. Areas planned include "buying Z
        >scale", "Layouts and Collections" and a "gift idea" section for Z
        >scalers. Suggestions are welcome.
        >
        >Go to my new site and check it out for yourself:
        >
        >http://www.American-Z.com
        >
        >Enjoy!
        >Dave

        >You have a voice mail message waiting for you at iHello.com:
        >
        >CraZy 'bout Zee!

        Visit my website at

        http://www.fathernaturetrees.com
      • FR.model@t-online.de
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 12, 2001
          Hi Z-heads !

          FREUDENREICH FEINWERKTECHNIK has a new web site now. You can visit us at

          www.fr-model.de

          There are still some minor "building suites" but you will have fun. Everyone┬┤s
          web site having a link to FR should change the address very soon. Our "old" web
          site

          http://home.t-online.de/home/FR.model

          will be closed in the next weeks. Our e-mail address is still the same but will
          change to ->

          info@...

          We will post a note at this list as soon as it is ready.

          Happy Holidays,

          FREUDENREICH FEINWERKTECHNIK

          Ilona Steltner + Harald Freudenreich
        • Joe DAmato
          Message 4 of 12 , May 12, 2008
            http://southernoregonz.com/home

            Hi all,

            I'm joining the 21st Century and starting a web site. Not much at this
            point as I've only been able to spend a few minutes on it. Later this
            week I will be using some different software and adding more content.
            Hopefully I'll be able to show a bit more modeling and local color over
            the next few weeks.

            Cheers

            Joe
            MTL
          • Don A
            Message 5 of 12 , May 12, 2008
              Looks great already. I assume you will be posting goodies that WILL
              be comng up through the year 2012. ...don

              --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Joe DAmato" <shipsure2003@...> wrote:

              > http://southernoregonz.com/home
              >
              > Hi all,
              >
              > I'm joining the 21st Century and starting a web site. Not much at this
              > point as I've only been able to spend a few minutes on it. Later this
              > week I will be using some different software and adding more content.
              > Hopefully I'll be able to show a bit more modeling and local color over
              > the next few weeks.
              >
              > Cheers
              >
              > Joe
              > MTL

            • non
              Message 6 of 12 , May 12, 2008
                Joe:
                I love the picture of Mt. Shasta. I live in Houston, Texas. It is so
                flat that when it rains the water has no place to run off to. So,
                model the Houston area is easy, just a flat layout board. But, after
                seeing the photo of Mt. Shasta, it would be place to a great place as
                Mt. Shasta, instead 100,000 cars on our roads.
                Aaron Poscovsky

              • robertfage@aol.com
                Message 7 of 12 , May 12, 2008
                  Had a look Joe, good start, I will check back in due course.

                  Bob Fage (in the UK)

                • Joe DAmato
                  Message 8 of 12 , May 12, 2008
                    Thanks.

                    I have about 500 shots of local freight in the area taken over the past
                    few years, I'm hoping to expand the Prototype section with a downloader
                    so folks can get them all in one shot compressed. Due to the nature of
                    the local shortlines, ex SP, BN, and ATSF stuff abounds and for those
                    of us enamored with weathering, plenty of inspiration.

                    Joe

                  • robertfage@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 12 , May 12, 2008
                      That sounds good Joe, look forward to it.

                      Bob Fage (in the UK)

                    • Lindley Ruddick
                      Message 10 of 12 , May 12, 2008
                        Very nice Joe. Look forward to all the SP stuff you will post.
                        Lindley

                      • Pierre Vautravers
                        Message 11 of 12 , May 13, 2008
                          Dear Joe,

                          Your site is now one of my favorites. I am looking forward to seeing
                          more. Thanks.

                          Pierre