"Darkened wheels"

  • mario_daigle
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 7, 2003
      Hi everyone!,

      I've got a question: Does anyone know if Marklin sells darkened
      metal wheels for their box cars, etc?. Sure would beat "those shinny
      wheel sets" that come with the the older box cars and the rest!.

      Let's just say that if no one has thought about it, well allow me to
      introduce the idea to you and Marklin.

      RSVP

      Mario
    • ztrack@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 8, 2003
        Mario,

        FR makes and sells darkened wheels that are fully compatible with Märklin
        equipment. Their web site is www.fr-model.de

        Rob Kluz

        Ztrack Magazine, Ltd.
        6142 Northcliff Blvd.
        Dublin, OH 43016
        Phone/Fax (614) 764-1703
        www.ztrack.com

      • kc5uci Dewey
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 8, 2003
          I paint my wheels roof brown.. DEWEY
          ---
          "Le sens commun n'est pas si commun" (common sense is not so common) VOLTARE (1649-1788)

          On Sat, 8 Mar 2003 07:59:28
          ztrack wrote:
          >Mario,
          >
          >FR makes and sells darkened wheels that are fully compatible with M�rklin
          >equipment. Their web site is www.fr-model.de
          >
          >Rob Kluz
          >

          >Ztrack Magazine, Ltd.
          >6142 Northcliff Blvd.
          >Dublin, OH 43016
          >Phone/Fax (614) 764-1703
          >www.ztrack.com

        • mario_daigle
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 8, 2003
            Thank you Robert and Dewey for your reply to my question.
            But I thought about it afterwards. I guess I tend to be conservative
            when it comes to modifying my Z trains ( in other words, I leave
            them "as is"). Anyways, Marklin has now remedied this "wheel issue".

            Thanks guys!.

            Mario
          • bean51ca
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 8, 2003
              Hi Mario, it is possible to order the new darkened wheelsets from
              your Marklin dealer. I just replaced 100+ wheelsets a few weeks back
              and it sure makes some of the older rolling stock look fantastic.

              I don't think they are a listed catalog number. My dealer had to
              contact Marklin for me to find out if they were available or not.

              Cheers,

              Chris

              --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "mario_daigle" <mario_daigle@y...>
              wrote:
              > Hi everyone!,
              >
              > I've got a question: Does anyone know if Marklin sells darkened
              > metal wheels for their box cars, etc?. Sure would beat "those
              shinny
              > wheel sets" that come with the the older box cars and the rest!.
              >
              > Let's just say that if no one has thought about it, well allow me
              > introduce the idea to you and Marklin.
              >
              > RSVP
              >
              > Mario
            • Mario Daigle
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 8, 2003
                Good evening Chris!
                Thanks for your interesting reply. I'll look in to it!

                Cheers

                Mario
                bean51ca <chriscam@...> wrote:Hi Mario, it is possible to order the new darkened wheelsets from

                wrote:
                > Hi everyone!,
                >
                > I've got a question: Does anyone know if Marklin sells darkened
                > metal wheels for their box cars, etc?. Sure would beat "those
                shinny
                > wheel sets" that come with the the older box cars and the rest!.
                >
                > Let's just say that if no one has thought about it, well allow me
                > introduce the idea to you and Marklin.
                >
                > RSVP
                >
                > Mario

                Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT