Functional Catenary

  • Juan Carlos Lopez <jcarloslm@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 3, 2003
      Hi everybody

      Yesterday, after 10 hours of guessing surgery work, finaly I fully
      assembled my track and catenary sets (O+e+t1+t2+t3+Catenary for those
      sets), I said guesing because Marklin instructions for catenary sets
      are not very good detailed and you have to guess (This is my first
      caternary I install and I am still waiting for my ztrack back issues
      with the information required), track set, no problem.

      Ok, I can describe it with one word: GORGEOUS.

      After a full cleaning work to the entire track and catenary, I place
      my SBB Ae 3/6 II to start doing his job. The result was great, smooth
      and without any stalling along the entire layout even in turnouts at
      moderate slow and high speeds.

      My girlfriend and I were amazed.

      I do not know why people say that Catenary must be used just
      simulated, I do not think so. Probably because if you have a bigger
      layout you most take in count many more things, but it is worth the
      effort.

      Thanks to every body who gave me their experiences, tips, technics. I
      can say that everybody┬┤s comments were excelent, specialy the one
      that Jeremy sent when I asked for some catenary information to the
      group.

      I just wanted to let you know my experience, thanks for your time.

      Best Regards.

      JC
    • Steven Delibert
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 3, 2003
        That's great! But for Z-scale catenary, I've always thought it would be
        easier to train a couple of spiders than to build the stuff myself!
        Steve Delibert
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 3, 2003
          JA, JA, JA. I agree with Steve. I miss to tell you that in addition
          to the great guessing job, it is a swet generator and time comsuming
          pain, but highly recommended as strees reducer.

          By the way, do somebody know where can I buy this kind of smart
          spiders? I need some for my big layout. :-)))

          Take care

          JC

          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Steven Delibert" <STEVDEL@p...>

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 3, 2003
            Hi again:

            QUESTION: Is it possible to re-use the catenary stuff????????

            :-(

            I mean, conectors (white and grey plastic elements), bended wires,
            etc.

            Regards

            JC
          • M. Gottschalch
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 3, 2003
              Juan Carlos Lopez wrote:

              > Hi again:
              >
              > QUESTION: Is it possible to re-use the catenary stuff????????
              >
              > :-(
              >
              > I mean, conectors (white and grey plastic elements), bended wires,
              > etc.
              >
              > Regards

              Yes all of my catenary was bought used and works quite well.
              --
              Manfred
            • Steven Delibert
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 3, 2003
                Actually, I think it would be easier to train even DUMB spiders than to
                string your own -- but maybe your eyesight isn't 59 years old yet . . .