Re: Fwd: B&O Railroad Museum

  • Andy Hunting <tv175@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 2, 2003
      Fortunately, Central of New Jersey boxcab #1000 was under the half of
      the roundhouse roof that did _not_ collapse. As this photo attests, if
      the boxcab sustained any damage at all, it must be extremely slight.

      http://www.borail.org/roundhouse_restoration/index.asp?page=22

      You can see some debris on the floor in the foreground, and all that
      daylight is coming through the huge hole where the roof used to be. If
      you can bear to look, click some of the other photos to see the rest of
      the roundhouse exhibits, many of which were much less fortunate. =o(

      Two other B&O Museum locomotives which have been produced in Z scale by
      Märklin -- 4-6-2 #5300 and 2-8-2 #4500 -- are too large to be displayed
      in the building and consequently were not damaged by the falling roof.
      I believe the sleeper "Oriole", part of Märklin's B&O passenger set, is
      among the museum's collection, and possibly others. These relatively
      modern passenger cars are exhibited outside the roundhouse, and
      likewise escaped damage.

      -- Andy Hunting

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, ztrack@a... wrote:
      > I thought this might be of interest to the list. One Z scaler has mention=
      ed
      > that a Box cab diesel which was the prototype of FR's Z scale box cab was=
      one
      > of the locomotives damaged when the roof collapsed. - Rob Kluz

    • Reynard Wellman
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 3, 2003
        Hello Andy,
        Thank you for the html showing the actual damage to
        locomotive at the roundhouse. It looks like most of these
        can be restored.

        Reynard
        On Monday, March 3, 2003, at 01:42 AM, Andy Hunting <tv175@...>
        wrote:

        > Fortunately, Central of New Jersey boxcab #1000 was under the half of
        > the roundhouse roof that did _not_ collapse. As this photo attests, if
        > the boxcab sustained any damage at all, it must be extremely slight.
        >
        > http://www.borail.org/roundhouse_restoration/index.asp?page=22
        > SNIP>

      • Juan Carlos Lopez
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 6, 2003
          Hi guys

          Just another question:

          Do somebody knows how do I have to connect together
          two MRC 1300 powerpacks in order to control an
          electric loco catenary powered and a steam loco at the
          same time. Yesterday night I tried to do this but I
          couldn�t even following the marklin instructions for
          this purpose.

          Regards

          =====

          Best Regards

          Juan Carlos L.
          http://www.geocities.com/jcarloslm/JC_Main.html

          http://taxes.yahoo.com/
        • Helmut Paule
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 7, 2003
            Hi Juan and guys,

            First I would polarize the powerline plug inserted in the receptacle.
            there is on the Cable a smooth wire and one with small grooves.
            use a color marker on the plug for easier identification.

            the output for the track are the first 2 terminals, labeled: Track DC
            the second 2 Terminals are the Accessories AC Terminals.

            I like to remind you the 1300 puts out 15 Volts DC and 16 Volts AC

            connect the Track DC, first terminal on both 1300 together and wire
            it to the left side of the Track rail.

            the second terminal from one 1300 connect to the right side of the
            Track rail. ( steamer loc).

            the second Terminal from the other 1300 connect to the caternary!

            Good Luck, Helmut

            Any Questions ask -:)