E-Bay Treasure Hunt

  • scott parkinson
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2 10:49 AM
      Well had a great week finding Z-Scale items on E-Bay. First of course was the Marklin electric engine I picked up from John of Z Trains fame. Then I found the Northern Pacific freight starter set from Marklin NIB. Clicked on the Buy It Now button very fast after I read the info! Then the Indiana Jones find of the week, (People with weak hearts should not read past this) the Marklin California Burlington Zephyr! I wasn't even looking for this item, I had clicked on a Austrian Issue only freight train and then clicked on "see sellers other items" link. Lo and behold, halfway down the list there it was! The thing was so buried only one other person had bid on it. I placed my bid and put it on my watch page. No one else bid during the week. I picked this item up for only $2.50 over what the other person had bid! When I recieve it next week i'll post some pics and some mpegs on the Z-Mpegs group page(of course I'm going to run it at least once!). There are alot of great items over there right now,including some Adler items, just be there near the end so no one sniper bids you at the last minute( ooooh! they got me Sarge! right in the wallet! tell my wife and kids spread my ashes at the railroad museum!) Finally at the end of the week I picked up some new manual switches and straight sections for less than I could get it thru a catalog. I blew my budget a bit because of the Zephyr.Thanks to the group getting infected with Zephyr fever a few weeks ago!