Re: 1:440 (and 1:900), etc

  • ChuckN37@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 7, 1999
      I guess I'm one of the 59 who hasn't intro'd himself. I dabble in z-scale,
      w/ perhaps stronger interests in N and HO scales. I did come by a
      commercially prepared z-scale layout (no scenery at all) from an acquaintance
      who had lost interest, at a good price... and plan to get it going soon. My
      locs and rolling stock are mostly Micro Trains. PS: I see that MT has come
      out with a new z-scale F7 (Western Pacific, I think) this month.
      A couple of years ago I did see a very small 1:900 scale (I think it it
      called architectural scale) layout at a GATS show in Las Vegas. I think
      propulsion was by forced air, forget exactly how it worked, but think that
      the bottoms of the loc and cars were hollowed out.
      Later -- Chuck Nauman, Las Vegas