Re: [z_scale] Improving performance

  • zbendtrack@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2003
      Michael:

      Separated by thousands of miles/kilometers, hers's my guess:

      > I have a little testbed layout (using the Set E+T1+T2, etc.)
      > the engine slows down and sometimes spins on the far side of the layout

      Slowing down, by itself, would normally be an indicator of a voltage drop.
      That can be fixed by simply adding more power feeders to the track around the
      layout.

      But in your case, you add the comment that the wheels spin. That suggests an
      out-of-gauge track "pinch" on the wheels of the train. Or, conversely, the
      wheels are out of gauge, which also can cause a "pinch." Have you checked
      the gauge of the wheels (loco and cars) and the track? It is NOT uncommon to
      find this sort of problem (both Marklin and MicroTrains).

      You did NOT say anything about stalling at turnouts. If you had said that, I
      would have referred you to Dave's http://www.zscale.org/ website for help.

      (I have never been able to run the entire wagen set with either of my kranky

      > engines).

      This comment just adds fuel to the gauge issue. I'll assume that the
      locomotives are recently and properly lubricated.

      Hope this helps.

      Bill K.
      Houston