Casey Jones Motor

  • John Cubbin
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 27, 2003
      Hi,

      I tried a couple of the available online tables showing the motor
      numbers for Marklin locomotives, but could not find a number for the
      #81419, Casey Jones. Does anyone know if this is a removable motor, or
      is it attached to the chassis, like an #8803, 2-6-0? Also, if you know
      the motor / brush number that would be helpful as well.

      Thanks
      John
      http://www.ztrains.com
    • Steven Delibert
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 27, 2003
        I have not had the nerve to open mine up yet, but the drawings in the
        instruction sheet look like it's pretty "intimately" invloved with the frame
        and chassis, and wouldn't be a simple job to pop off. There's no obvious
        mounting screw or tab to go after that I can easily see.
        They don't give a motor number, but do give a brush part number 89891, if
        this is a help.
        Steve Delibert

      • uptoolateny <jcubbin@optonline.net>
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 27, 2003
          Hi Steve,

          From your description, and the fact that they only give the brush part number, it does sound as if the motor is
          mated with the chassis, not a simple drop in replacement.

          Thanks
          John
          http://www.ztrains.com

        • johnengbers@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 28, 2003
            In a message dated 2/27/2003 6:19:43 PM Eastern Standard Time,
            jcubbin@... writes:

            > Hi,
            >
            > I tried a couple of the available online tables showing the motor
            > numbers for Marklin locomotives, but could not find a number for the
            > #81419, Casey Jones. Does anyone know if this is a removable motor, or
            > is it attached to the chassis, like an #8803, 2-6-0? Also, if you know
            > the motor / brush number that would be helpful as well.
            >
            > Thanks
            > John
            > http://www.ztrains.com

            I believe the motor comes out. It it held by a screw from the bottom.
            although I have never taken one out. Regards, John Engbers

          • johnengbers@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 1, 2003
              the casey jones is the standard Marklin 4-6-0, I have the German one with a 5
              pole motor and it runs great. The 4-6-0 is one of the better running Marklin
              steam engines and the motors are removeable. Regards, JOhn Engbers

            • uptoolateny <jcubbin@optonline.net>
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 1, 2003
                > johnengbers@a... wrote:
                > the casey jones is the standard Marklin 4-6-0, I have the German one with a 5
                > pole motor and it runs great. The 4-6-0 is one of the better running Marklin
                > steam engines and the motors are removeable. Regards, John Engbers

                Thank you for the clarification John.

                John
                http://www.ztrains.com