Re: [z_scale] Ideas Wanted

  • Lawrence L. Smith
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 1969
      Hi Don,

      I'm a fellow Z scaler that does mold design for a living. I have a GE 80
      ton switcher drawn up in autocad about 80% of the complete detail on
      this engine. I can get the remaining from the local switcher here in
      Meadville
      Pennsylvania. The local redevelopment authority has an ex-navy unit here
      that they use to switch out hoppers of plastic pellets and boxcars of
      finished
      auto interior panels. If you'd be interested in seeing a printout of a paper
      sheet metal layout of this switcher that I've been working on when time
      allows then
      send me your address and I'll mail you a copy. I also have other items
      drawn up
      like various buildings, bridges, logos, etc. The only experience with model
      trains is a mold that I freelanced for Micro-Trains as part of a job
      interview.
      I did the tool design for the cupola on their N scale 36' steel caboose back
      in early '94. I worked through Ron Davenport, who I believe was their tool
      room manager. My mold design experience has been in close tolerance
      electrical connectors (Amp & Packard), medical components & devices,
      and business equipment (printer housings, cash registers, etc.).

      If there is any way that I may be of assistance let me know.

      Thanks for your time.

      Larry

      Lawrence L. Smith
      Meadville, PA