Re: Still more summer reruns....Anders and Bill

  • Lowenberg
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 7, 1999
      Hi,

      > In either method, be sure nothing shorts out the PC board on top of the
      > motor.

      Why not put pieces of electricians tape on top (bottom) of the led? Could
      both hold the led in place and prevent shorts.

      Jan
    • BJKRONEN@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 7, 1999
        Jan:

        > > In either method, be sure nothing shorts out the PC board on top of the
        > > motor.

        > Why not put pieces of electricians tape on top (bottom) of the led? Could
        > both hold the led in place and prevent shorts.

        No doubt that would work, Jan. But I like to leave a bit of air space above
        the PC board for air to circulate. No scienfitic reason. Just personal
        preference. These little engines get hot enough, much less smothering them
        to death.

        Does anyone have some ideas about "how much" air circulation space is "good"??

        Or for that matter, how much added weight is "good".

        Thanks,
        Bill Kronenberger
        Houston
      • Anders Lattermann
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 8, 1999
          > How can you continue to wear that heavy sweater on your web site
          > in all that
          > Stockholm heat anyway, Anders?

          It's just an illusion...

          /Anders - sweater on http://www.lattermann.com/amaZing/
        • Anders Lattermann
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 8, 1999
            Speaking about my web, I've put up a new answer from Frank Bergmans in the
            Good and Bad section. If you want to contribute, please email me your
            answers, the questions is also on my web.

            Frank, also suggested a new question, which I thought was so good that I
            included it:
            # Which future models would you like to see?

            /Anders + sweater on http://www.lattermann.com/amaZing/
          • Manfred Gottschalch
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 12, 1999
              I would like to see the Druckluft Diesel engine (from the 30's) Marklin
              made it in HO, so why not in Z?
              --
              Manfred Gottschalch
              Finance & Accounting Records Mgr.