Summer re-runs from RMR

  • BJKRONEN@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6 10:08 PM
      Rob, and the list:

      Well, since inquiring minds want to know.....

      couple of responses from folks I know to be a part of this list group. Mine
      was:

      >>what are worth in quality the products micro
      >>train like F7 � comparer � Marklin

      There is no comparison. While both Marklin and MicroTrains F7's run forever,
      if properly lubricated, there are a number of differences:

      MT = absolute scale model, Marlin = toy train compromised scale

      MT = pulls 60++ cars on flat track, Marlin = 20 cars (approximately)

      MT = trucks/boogies are in the correct place, Marlin trucks/boogies are in the
      wrong place

      MT is several times heaver than the Marklin

      MT = is geared down quite a bit, and will handle very slow speeds very well

      Marlin = is geared high, runs fast, hard to get it to do very slow speeds at
      all

      Marklin locos cost three times what a MT loco costs (over here), list price.

      I have both. I enjoy both. But the MT's are by far the better value and
      scale
      loco.

      Bill Kronenberger
      Houston