Washington, DC Z-Bend Track Get-together

  • Robert Allbritton
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 2, 2003
      Howdy folks,

      Before the weekend ends, I just wanted to send a big Thank You to everyone
      who made it out to the Northern Virginia countryside over the weekend. It
      was a blast seeing so many local Z scale guys in one place! (I think we had
      about 15 folks over the course of the day) It was great just talking trains
      in a smaller setting - a special thanks to Bob Olson who made the trek down
      from PennZee land. After talking to Randy Smidt a the end of the day, we
      decided that we may try to get together about every 2nd or 3rd month - how
      does that work for you guys?

      For those of you Mid-Atlantic folks on the z_scale list, come on out and
      join us next time!

      Best,
      -Rob

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2, 2003
        Please keep the list informed as far in advance as possible. Some of
        us travel fairly often to the DC area either on business or for
        personal reasons. With sufficient advance warning some of us west
        coasters might join you for a meeting or two.
        Ed Scullin

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com
      • Randy Smidt
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 3, 2003
          Ed,

          I will be sure to add you to the list. Let us know when you are heading this way even if we aren't planning on having a meeting then, we might still be able to get together. That goes for anyone travelling this way. Maybe some of us could get together for dinner or something.

          Take Care,
          Randy Smidt
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 3, 2003
            I would love to make it down sometime. I know that I always enjoy our
            Mid-Atlantic get togethers in Emmaus. It's always good to exchange ideas and
            hear the stories of other Zed Hesds. I would also like to request that a
            little more notice be given. I am from Central PA, only about 3 hours from
            the DC Area, but I could still use a week to make arrangements to attend.
            Thanks.
            Dan Stirpe

            In a message dated 2/2/03 10:45:41 PM Eastern Standard Time,
            robert@... writes:

            > After talking to Randy Smidt a the end of the day, we
            > decided that we may try to get together about every 2nd or 3rd month - how
            > does that work for you guys?
            >
            > For those of you Mid-Atlantic folks on the z_scale list, come on out and
            > join us next time!
            >
            > Best,
            > -Rob

          • Randy Smidt
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 4, 2003
              Dan,

              I will put you on the list. We'll try to get the word out sooner next time, it was sort of a last minute "cabin fever remedy" thing this time. Rob, we might have to find a bigger place.:-)

              Randy Smidt
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 11, 2003
                Dan,

                The DC group is looking to get together again sometime in early April. I haven't gotten the dates lined up yet, but I wanted to try to give you some early warning.

                I just got my Jan/Feb. ZTrack yesterday, your steamers look great!

                Thanks,
                Randy Smidt
                Wash, DC Z-Bend Track