Re: DCC For Z

  • jmac_han <jmac_han@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2003
      See the dedicated DCC site for up-to-date and in-depth
      information on Z-DCC. See our FAQ for more info as well.

      As for Kato, they have been approached at the National Train
      Show for the past two years. This was reported to the list and
      can be found in the message archives.

      AFAIK Kato is content to cultivate it's home market for N scale
      and to expand it's HO offerings in the US market. Their official
      response to us was that they would be happy to study any
      market intelligence and data that we should supply. Anyone
      want to do their MBA on Z-scale market potential and hand the
      results over for free to Kato?

      Cheers,
      Jeffrey MacHan

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "mpjsca <mshore1@r...>"
      <mshore1@r...> wrote:
      > Are there any new developments in DCC for Z? Also has any
      concerted
      > effort been made to get Kato US to produce a Z Scale engine
      for us?
    • Reynard Wellman
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 2, 2003
        Hello Margaret,

        Well, China is not Japan and Kato is Japanese. All our new
        Z scale locomotives are coming from Korea (which is neither Japan
        or China). And Kato is so far not interested in Z scale.

        The only folks making new Z scale American rolling stock for US
        modelers are Ajin and OCS in Korea, PennZee in Pennsylvania
        and Freudenreich in Germany.

        And though I am grateful for Micro-Trains Line's excellent new flex
        track, they have yet to build a turnout. It's like rumors of Marklin's
        Z scale GG-1 which always appears to be on the horizon and
        then fades into the night.

        Kato would not just offer a locomotive. If they ever offer anything
        in Z scale, it will be a complete package: Locomotives, roadbeded track,
        hidden solenoid turnouts, excellent connectors and electrical
        components,
        beautiful track sets. So far I have never seen another company follow
        such a complete business plan when they introduce new products.
        And If they ever do go into Z scale, all the other big guns in Z scale
        better start running for cover.

        Best regards,
        Reynard
        On Sunday, February 2, 2003, at 09:58 AM, Margaret Ladd wrote:

        > Hey whatz Happening??  Right Arm!!!  The more producers the BETTER.
        > Marklin went to China, and if micro trains is so short staffed, let
        > China take a shot at it. They do beautiful work.

      • Margaret Ladd
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 2, 2003
          Margaret is actually PHREADERIQUE-- Fred for short. I'm on her side of the computer. China makes great little automobiles - why not in z? How bout their work in LGB/USA
          trains, and other scales... we need bags of road vehicals - MZZ is nice but expensive.and not American!! If we want Z to GROW we have to get it within the price range of the average Joe. Bachman and many others have excellent work done in the Orient. Maybe someone could interest the Japaneese in a z bullet? Maybe some of these wonderful brass buildings can be assembled/painted in China.
          Believe me- I love to see MADE IN THE USA And I commend Bob Olsen and Father Nature
          for the wonderful new rolling stock that has come on line. Bowser has shown it can be done here and has taken the details and quality a knotch higher.

          But it really seems Marklin/micro trains don't give a hoot -- yea - next year-- next year
          well some of us are getting up in age and it seems these companies don't appreciate
          the early guys who Ventured all-- "OUR REPUTATION, OUR TREASURE, OUR TIME, and OUR SANITY AND FRUSTRATIONS." I better watch out- I might get what I wish for. For years I have had two sets of Santa Fe passenger cars, I've made tripple dome tank cars, long flat cars , E-8's ETC. They were unique. Now someone might mass produce 'em. Repaints don't make it!! that's it. I KANTZ TYPES NO MORE__ Fred