DCC For Z

  • mpjsca <mshore1@rogers.com>
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2003
      Are there any new developments in DCC for Z? Also has any concerted
      effort been made to get Kato US to produce a Z Scale engine for us?
    • Margaret Ladd
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 2, 2003
        Hey whatz Happening?? Right Arm!!! The more producers the BETTER. Marklin went to China, and if micro trains is so short staffed, let China take a shot at it. They do beautiful work.

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 2, 2003
          See the dedicated DCC site for up-to-date and in-depth
          information on Z-DCC. See our FAQ for more info as well.

          As for Kato, they have been approached at the National Train
          Show for the past two years. This was reported to the list and
          can be found in the message archives.

          AFAIK Kato is content to cultivate it's home market for N scale
          and to expand it's HO offerings in the US market. Their official
          response to us was that they would be happy to study any
          market intelligence and data that we should supply. Anyone
          want to do their MBA on Z-scale market potential and hand the
          results over for free to Kato?

          Cheers,
          Jeffrey MacHan

          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "mpjsca <mshore1@r...>"
          <mshore1@r...> wrote:
          > Are there any new developments in DCC for Z? Also has any
          concerted
          > effort been made to get Kato US to produce a Z Scale engine
          for us?
        • Reynard Wellman
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 2, 2003
            Hello Margaret,

            Well, China is not Japan and Kato is Japanese. All our new
            Z scale locomotives are coming from Korea (which is neither Japan
            or China). And Kato is so far not interested in Z scale.

            The only folks making new Z scale American rolling stock for US
            modelers are Ajin and OCS in Korea, PennZee in Pennsylvania
            and Freudenreich in Germany.

            And though I am grateful for Micro-Trains Line's excellent new flex
            track, they have yet to build a turnout. It's like rumors of Marklin's
            Z scale GG-1 which always appears to be on the horizon and
            then fades into the night.

            Kato would not just offer a locomotive. If they ever offer anything
            in Z scale, it will be a complete package: Locomotives, roadbeded track,
            hidden solenoid turnouts, excellent connectors and electrical
            components,
            beautiful track sets. So far I have never seen another company follow
            such a complete business plan when they introduce new products.
            And If they ever do go into Z scale, all the other big guns in Z scale
            better start running for cover.

            Best regards,
            Reynard
            On Sunday, February 2, 2003, at 09:58 AM, Margaret Ladd wrote:

            > Hey whatz Happening??  Right Arm!!!  The more producers the BETTER.
            > Marklin went to China, and if micro trains is so short staffed, let
            > China take a shot at it. They do beautiful work.

          • Margaret Ladd
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 2, 2003
              Margaret is actually PHREADERIQUE-- Fred for short. I'm on her side of the computer. China makes great little automobiles - why not in z? How bout their work in LGB/USA
              trains, and other scales... we need bags of road vehicals - MZZ is nice but expensive.and not American!! If we want Z to GROW we have to get it within the price range of the average Joe. Bachman and many others have excellent work done in the Orient. Maybe someone could interest the Japaneese in a z bullet? Maybe some of these wonderful brass buildings can be assembled/painted in China.
              Believe me- I love to see MADE IN THE USA And I commend Bob Olsen and Father Nature
              for the wonderful new rolling stock that has come on line. Bowser has shown it can be done here and has taken the details and quality a knotch higher.

              But it really seems Marklin/micro trains don't give a hoot -- yea - next year-- next year
              well some of us are getting up in age and it seems these companies don't appreciate
              the early guys who Ventured all-- "OUR REPUTATION, OUR TREASURE, OUR TIME, and OUR SANITY AND FRUSTRATIONS." I better watch out- I might get what I wish for. For years I have had two sets of Santa Fe passenger cars, I've made tripple dome tank cars, long flat cars , E-8's ETC. They were unique. Now someone might mass produce 'em. Repaints don't make it!! that's it. I KANTZ TYPES NO MORE__ Fred