Re: [z_scale] Moin Moin :-))

  • Reynard Wellman
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 1, 2003
      Hello Uwe,

      Really enjoyed your scenery! You have a nice mix of kits
      by Micro-structures, resin structures by Marklin and paper structures by
      PennZee. I got a kick out seeing palm trees in Lonesome Dove,
      the fictional home of Larry McMurtry's masterpiece novel.
      Seems that since the railroad came through Lonesome Dove
      they've gone and built a skyscraper 5 stories high!

      Keep up the great imagination and fine geology of Colorado
      and Arizona.

      Best regards,
      Reynard
      On Saturday, February 1, 2003, at 12:36 PM, Uwe Liermann wrote:

      > Hello Kurt,
      >
      > On Saturday, February 1, 2003 at 13:35 you wrote:
      >
      > > Jo, denma moin trüch!
      >
      > Da schau her, a Nordlicht am Bodensee :-))
      >
      > > Welcome in our community! You can see a how to in landscaping on the
      > Geology
      > > page of the Red Rock Railroad Homepage
      > > ( http://hometown.aol.de/redrockrail/index.html ).
      >
      > I love your site, especially the secret tests are interesting ;-)))
      >
      > Since your favorite engines are in Denmark (unfortunately I only saw
      > the regular commuter when I was in Thyborøn), have you ever been in
      > Odense in the "Jernban Museum"?
      >
      > http://www.jernbanemuseum.dk/
      >
      > THX for your input.
      >

      > --
      > Greetings
      > Uwe
      >

      > "Z" WARNING! HANDLE WITH CARE!  Highly addictive in Small
      > DoseZ!

    • Uwe Liermann
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 2, 2003
        Hello Reynard,

        On Sunday, February 2, 2003 at 02:17 you wrote:

        > Hello Uwe,

        > Really enjoyed your scenery! You have...

        Sorry, to correct you but the scenery is from Kurt. I don't have any
        scenery yet, but I'm planning to have one soon, and looking for any
        information that can help me.

        But I agree, it is a interesting scenery that Kurt has build.
        Especially as I'm also thinking in terms of US Railroads.

        > Keep up the great imagination

        When i start I will try to do so too :-)))

        --
        Greetings
        Uwe
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 2, 2003
          Hi Reynard,

          thanks for your kudos. Actually you see only a somewhat provisorical building
          set up. Beside the identified Pennzee and Märklin buildings there are two
          structures designed by Ken Clark (Mary's Cafe and Johnsons Market), has
          anybody heared from this pioneer of Z scale structures? The Micro-structures
          brass kits are still waiting for their assembly. The saloon comes out of an
          surprice egg and the small factory is from Artitec. Palm Trees, Cattle Pen,
          Aermotor, telefone poles and swimming pool are home-grown.

          Well, the name Lonesome Dove I got from Garth Brook's similar named song, not
          knowing about Larry McMurtry and his masterpiece (Sorry about this, I am not
          that deep into American literature...). But by the way - what is his story?

          Enjoy Z scaling and have fun

          Kurt

          Visit Lonesome Dove at
          http://hometown.aol.de/redrockrail/index.html

        • Mihalka, Michael
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 4, 2003
            Hi from an American in Germany -- we call Bodensee, Lake Constance.

            Cheers!
            Michael

            From: kurtulueck@...
            Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 07:35:29 EST
            To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com

            Jo, denma moin trüch!

            Welcome in our community! You can see a how to in landscaping on the Geology
            page of the Red Rock Railroad Homepage
            ( http://hometown.aol.de/redrockrail/index.html).

            Have fun und herZliche Grüße vom Bodensee.

            Kurt

            < http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

          • Jay & Anne Greer
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 4, 2003
              Hi Michael,
              I wish I was an American in Germany! I really miss being there with my
              extended family in Oberammergau. Isn't Bodensee on the way to Salzburg from
              Munich?
              Best,
              Jay Greer

              From: "Mihalka, Michael" <mihalkam@...>
              Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 13:38:07 +0100
              To: <z_scale@yahoogroups.com>

              From: kurtulueck@...
              Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 07:35:29 EST
              To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com

              Jo, denma moin trüch!

              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 5, 2003
                Hi Jay,

                it really depend what route you are choosing...

                In a more common view the Bodensee is about 200 km westwards of Munich. What
                you mean is the Chiemsee.

                Best regards from a very snowy Bodensee.

                Kurt