Re: [z_scale] Moin Moin :-))

  • Jay & Anne Greer
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 1 10:52 AM
      Hello Kurt,
      I enjoyed your "Red Rock Railroad". Ist das Schweinlokomotive ein "Fun
      Hog"? We have ein Klub here in California called the "Fun Hogs". We enjoy
      climbing mountains and rocks and skiing a lot. Some of us also enjoy Z
      Modelbannen. If I can be of any help to you so far as American Trains are
      concerned, feel free to contact me at <redwitch1@...>
      Tschuss,
      Jay Greer/Trax Inc.
      P.S. Wo ist der Bodensee?

      From: kurtulueck@...
      Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 07:35:29 EST
      To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [z_scale] Moin Moin :-))

      Jo, denma moin trüch!

      Welcome in our community! You can see a how to in landscaping on the Geology
      page of the Red Rock Railroad Homepage
      (http://hometown.aol.de/redrockrail/index.html).

      Have fun und herZliche Grüße vom Bodensee.

      Kurt

      <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

    • kurtulueck@aol.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 1 4:02 PM
        Hi Jay,

        well "fun hog" sounds great...and of course it is big fun when it runs during
        an excibition. It is used as a childrens (and big childrens) delight. So
        forget about Thomas the tank ;-))

        Cheers from the Bodensee (it is in the south of Germany, near the Swiss
        border)

        Kurt

      • Reynard Wellman
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 1 5:17 PM
          Hello Uwe,

          Really enjoyed your scenery! You have a nice mix of kits
          by Micro-structures, resin structures by Marklin and paper structures by
          PennZee. I got a kick out seeing palm trees in Lonesome Dove,
          the fictional home of Larry McMurtry's masterpiece novel.
          Seems that since the railroad came through Lonesome Dove
          they've gone and built a skyscraper 5 stories high!

          Keep up the great imagination and fine geology of Colorado
          and Arizona.

          Best regards,
          Reynard
          On Saturday, February 1, 2003, at 12:36 PM, Uwe Liermann wrote:

          > Hello Kurt,
          >
          > On Saturday, February 1, 2003 at 13:35 you wrote:
          >
          > > Jo, denma moin trüch!
          >
          > Da schau her, a Nordlicht am Bodensee :-))
          >
          > > Welcome in our community! You can see a how to in landscaping on the
          > Geology
          > > page of the Red Rock Railroad Homepage
          > > ( http://hometown.aol.de/redrockrail/index.html ).
          >
          > I love your site, especially the secret tests are interesting ;-)))
          >
          > Since your favorite engines are in Denmark (unfortunately I only saw
          > the regular commuter when I was in Thyborøn), have you ever been in
          > Odense in the "Jernban Museum"?
          >
          > http://www.jernbanemuseum.dk/
          >
          > THX for your input.
          >

          > --
          > Greetings
          > Uwe
          >

          > "Z" WARNING! HANDLE WITH CARE!  Highly addictive in Small
          > DoseZ!

        • Uwe Liermann
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 2 4:52 AM
            Hello Reynard,

            On Sunday, February 2, 2003 at 02:17 you wrote:

            > Hello Uwe,

            > Really enjoyed your scenery! You have...

            Sorry, to correct you but the scenery is from Kurt. I don't have any
            scenery yet, but I'm planning to have one soon, and looking for any
            information that can help me.

            But I agree, it is a interesting scenery that Kurt has build.
            Especially as I'm also thinking in terms of US Railroads.

            > Keep up the great imagination

            When i start I will try to do so too :-)))

            --
            Greetings
            Uwe
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 2 7:04 AM
              Hi Reynard,

              thanks for your kudos. Actually you see only a somewhat provisorical building
              set up. Beside the identified Pennzee and Märklin buildings there are two
              structures designed by Ken Clark (Mary's Cafe and Johnsons Market), has
              anybody heared from this pioneer of Z scale structures? The Micro-structures
              brass kits are still waiting for their assembly. The saloon comes out of an
              surprice egg and the small factory is from Artitec. Palm Trees, Cattle Pen,
              Aermotor, telefone poles and swimming pool are home-grown.

              Well, the name Lonesome Dove I got from Garth Brook's similar named song, not
              knowing about Larry McMurtry and his masterpiece (Sorry about this, I am not
              that deep into American literature...). But by the way - what is his story?

              Enjoy Z scaling and have fun

              Kurt

              Visit Lonesome Dove at
              http://hometown.aol.de/redrockrail/index.html

            • Mihalka, Michael
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 4 4:38 AM
                Hi from an American in Germany -- we call Bodensee, Lake Constance.

                Cheers!
                Michael

                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 4 4:05 PM
                  Hi Michael,
                  I wish I was an American in Germany! I really miss being there with my
                  extended family in Oberammergau. Isn't Bodensee on the way to Salzburg from
                  Munich?
                  Best,
                  Jay Greer

                  From: "Mihalka, Michael" <mihalkam@...>
                  Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 13:38:07 +0100
                  To: <z_scale@yahoogroups.com>

                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 5 12:22 PM
                    Hi Jay,

                    it really depend what route you are choosing...

                    In a more common view the Bodensee is about 200 km westwards of Munich. What
                    you mean is the Chiemsee.

                    Best regards from a very snowy Bodensee.

                    Kurt