Re: [z_scale] Moin Moin :-))

  • kurtulueck@aol.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 1, 2003
      Jo, denma moin trüch!

      Welcome in our community! You can see a how to in landscaping on the Geology
      page of the Red Rock Railroad Homepage
      (http://hometown.aol.de/redrockrail/index.html).

      Have fun und herZliche Grüße vom Bodensee.

      Kurt

    • Uwe Liermann
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 1, 2003
        Hello Kurt,

        On Saturday, February 1, 2003 at 13:35 you wrote:

        > Jo, denma moin trüch!

        Da schau her, a Nordlicht am Bodensee :-))

        > Welcome in our community! You can see a how to in landscaping on the Geology
        > page of the Red Rock Railroad Homepage
        > ( http://hometown.aol.de/redrockrail/index.html ).

        I love your site, especially the secret tests are interesting ;-)))

        Since your favorite engines are in Denmark (unfortunately I only saw
        the regular commuter when I was in Thyborøn), have you ever been in
        Odense in the "Jernban Museum"?

        http://www.jernbanemuseum.dk/

        THX for your input.

        --
        Greetings
        Uwe
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 1, 2003
          Hello Kurt,
          I enjoyed your "Red Rock Railroad". Ist das Schweinlokomotive ein "Fun
          Hog"? We have ein Klub here in California called the "Fun Hogs". We enjoy
          climbing mountains and rocks and skiing a lot. Some of us also enjoy Z
          Modelbannen. If I can be of any help to you so far as American Trains are
          concerned, feel free to contact me at <redwitch1@...>
          Tschuss,
          Jay Greer/Trax Inc.
          P.S. Wo ist der Bodensee?

          From: kurtulueck@...
          Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 07:35:29 EST
          To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: Re: [z_scale] Moin Moin :-))

          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

        • kurtulueck@aol.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 1, 2003
            Hi Jay,

            well "fun hog" sounds great...and of course it is big fun when it runs during
            an excibition. It is used as a childrens (and big childrens) delight. So
            forget about Thomas the tank ;-))

            Cheers from the Bodensee (it is in the south of Germany, near the Swiss
            border)

            Kurt

          • Reynard Wellman
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 1, 2003
              Hello Uwe,

              Really enjoyed your scenery! You have a nice mix of kits
              by Micro-structures, resin structures by Marklin and paper structures by
              PennZee. I got a kick out seeing palm trees in Lonesome Dove,
              the fictional home of Larry McMurtry's masterpiece novel.
              Seems that since the railroad came through Lonesome Dove
              they've gone and built a skyscraper 5 stories high!

              Keep up the great imagination and fine geology of Colorado
              and Arizona.

              Best regards,
              Reynard
              On Saturday, February 1, 2003, at 12:36 PM, Uwe Liermann wrote:

              > Hello Kurt,
              >
              > On Saturday, February 1, 2003 at 13:35 you wrote:
              >
              > > Jo, denma moin trüch!
              >
              > Da schau her, a Nordlicht am Bodensee :-))
              >
              > > Welcome in our community! You can see a how to in landscaping on the
              > Geology
              > > page of the Red Rock Railroad Homepage
              > > ( http://hometown.aol.de/redrockrail/index.html ).
              >
              > I love your site, especially the secret tests are interesting ;-)))
              >
              > Since your favorite engines are in Denmark (unfortunately I only saw
              > the regular commuter when I was in Thyborøn), have you ever been in
              > Odense in the "Jernban Museum"?
              >
              > http://www.jernbanemuseum.dk/
              >
              > THX for your input.
              >

              > --
              > Greetings
              > Uwe
              >

              > "Z" WARNING! HANDLE WITH CARE!  Highly addictive in Small
              > DoseZ!

            • Uwe Liermann
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 2, 2003
                Hello Reynard,

                On Sunday, February 2, 2003 at 02:17 you wrote:

                > Hello Uwe,

                > Really enjoyed your scenery! You have...

                Sorry, to correct you but the scenery is from Kurt. I don't have any
                scenery yet, but I'm planning to have one soon, and looking for any
                information that can help me.

                But I agree, it is a interesting scenery that Kurt has build.
                Especially as I'm also thinking in terms of US Railroads.

                > Keep up the great imagination

                When i start I will try to do so too :-)))

                --
                Greetings
                Uwe
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 2, 2003
                  Hi Reynard,

                  thanks for your kudos. Actually you see only a somewhat provisorical building
                  set up. Beside the identified Pennzee and Märklin buildings there are two
                  structures designed by Ken Clark (Mary's Cafe and Johnsons Market), has
                  anybody heared from this pioneer of Z scale structures? The Micro-structures
                  brass kits are still waiting for their assembly. The saloon comes out of an
                  surprice egg and the small factory is from Artitec. Palm Trees, Cattle Pen,
                  Aermotor, telefone poles and swimming pool are home-grown.

                  Well, the name Lonesome Dove I got from Garth Brook's similar named song, not
                  knowing about Larry McMurtry and his masterpiece (Sorry about this, I am not
                  that deep into American literature...). But by the way - what is his story?

                  Enjoy Z scaling and have fun

                  Kurt

                  Visit Lonesome Dove at
                  http://hometown.aol.de/redrockrail/index.html

                • Mihalka, Michael
                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 4, 2003
                    Hi from an American in Germany -- we call Bodensee, Lake Constance.

                    Cheers!
                    Michael

                    Message 9 of 11 , Feb 4, 2003
                      Hi Michael,
                      I wish I was an American in Germany! I really miss being there with my
                      extended family in Oberammergau. Isn't Bodensee on the way to Salzburg from
                      Munich?
                      Best,
                      Jay Greer

                      From: "Mihalka, Michael" <mihalkam@...>
                      Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 13:38:07 +0100
                      To: <z_scale@yahoogroups.com>

                      Message 10 of 11 , Feb 5, 2003
                        Hi Jay,

                        it really depend what route you are choosing...

                        In a more common view the Bodensee is about 200 km westwards of Munich. What
                        you mean is the Chiemsee.

                        Best regards from a very snowy Bodensee.

                        Kurt