Moin Moin :-))

  • Uwe Liermann
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 1 3:21 AM
      Hello z-scale friends,

      ...or for a better understanding:

      Good morning :-))

      I'm in process to plan our (actually it was my wife idea, but she is
      more in for the building of the landscape and surroundings) first
      model railroad. Because we only have limited space available, we
      decided on a z-scale set.
      While searching for any helpful information I found this list. If
      you allow, we will try to learn from your discussions, and we might
      come up with some questions sometime soon :-))

      If you know of any site, that is a real "must read" with the "to
      do's" or "never ever to do's" in our stage, we would appreciate any
      URL.

      Thank you for your help from Schleswig Holstein, Germany.

      --
      Greetings
      Uwe Liermann
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 1 4:35 AM
        Jo, denma moin trüch!

        Welcome in our community! You can see a how to in landscaping on the Geology
        page of the Red Rock Railroad Homepage
        (http://hometown.aol.de/redrockrail/index.html).

        Have fun und herZliche Grüße vom Bodensee.

        Kurt

      • Uwe Liermann
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 1 10:36 AM
          Hello Kurt,

          On Saturday, February 1, 2003 at 13:35 you wrote:

          > Jo, denma moin trüch!

          Da schau her, a Nordlicht am Bodensee :-))

          > Welcome in our community! You can see a how to in landscaping on the Geology
          > page of the Red Rock Railroad Homepage
          > ( http://hometown.aol.de/redrockrail/index.html ).

          I love your site, especially the secret tests are interesting ;-)))

          Since your favorite engines are in Denmark (unfortunately I only saw
          the regular commuter when I was in Thyborøn), have you ever been in
          Odense in the "Jernban Museum"?

          http://www.jernbanemuseum.dk/

          THX for your input.

          --
          Greetings
          Uwe
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 1 10:52 AM
            Hello Kurt,
            I enjoyed your "Red Rock Railroad". Ist das Schweinlokomotive ein "Fun
            Hog"? We have ein Klub here in California called the "Fun Hogs". We enjoy
            climbing mountains and rocks and skiing a lot. Some of us also enjoy Z
            Modelbannen. If I can be of any help to you so far as American Trains are
            concerned, feel free to contact me at <redwitch1@...>
            Tschuss,
            Jay Greer/Trax Inc.
            P.S. Wo ist der Bodensee?

            From: kurtulueck@...
            Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 07:35:29 EST
            To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
            Subject: Re: [z_scale] Moin Moin :-))

            <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

          • kurtulueck@aol.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 1 4:02 PM
              Hi Jay,

              well "fun hog" sounds great...and of course it is big fun when it runs during
              an excibition. It is used as a childrens (and big childrens) delight. So
              forget about Thomas the tank ;-))

              Cheers from the Bodensee (it is in the south of Germany, near the Swiss
              border)

              Kurt

            • Reynard Wellman
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 1 5:17 PM
                Hello Uwe,

                Really enjoyed your scenery! You have a nice mix of kits
                by Micro-structures, resin structures by Marklin and paper structures by
                PennZee. I got a kick out seeing palm trees in Lonesome Dove,
                the fictional home of Larry McMurtry's masterpiece novel.
                Seems that since the railroad came through Lonesome Dove
                they've gone and built a skyscraper 5 stories high!

                Keep up the great imagination and fine geology of Colorado
                and Arizona.

                Best regards,
                Reynard
                On Saturday, February 1, 2003, at 12:36 PM, Uwe Liermann wrote:

                > Hello Kurt,
                >
                > On Saturday, February 1, 2003 at 13:35 you wrote:
                >
                > > Jo, denma moin trüch!
                >
                > Da schau her, a Nordlicht am Bodensee :-))
                >
                > > Welcome in our community! You can see a how to in landscaping on the
                > Geology
                > > page of the Red Rock Railroad Homepage
                > > ( http://hometown.aol.de/redrockrail/index.html ).
                >
                > I love your site, especially the secret tests are interesting ;-)))
                >
                > Since your favorite engines are in Denmark (unfortunately I only saw
                > the regular commuter when I was in Thyborøn), have you ever been in
                > Odense in the "Jernban Museum"?
                >
                > http://www.jernbanemuseum.dk/
                >
                > THX for your input.
                >

                > --
                > Greetings
                > Uwe
                >

                > "Z" WARNING! HANDLE WITH CARE!  Highly addictive in Small
                > DoseZ!

              • Uwe Liermann
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 2 4:52 AM
                  Hello Reynard,

                  On Sunday, February 2, 2003 at 02:17 you wrote:

                  > Hello Uwe,

                  > Really enjoyed your scenery! You have...

                  Sorry, to correct you but the scenery is from Kurt. I don't have any
                  scenery yet, but I'm planning to have one soon, and looking for any
                  information that can help me.

                  But I agree, it is a interesting scenery that Kurt has build.
                  Especially as I'm also thinking in terms of US Railroads.

                  > Keep up the great imagination

                  When i start I will try to do so too :-)))

                  --
                  Greetings
                  Uwe
                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 2 7:04 AM
                    Hi Reynard,

                    thanks for your kudos. Actually you see only a somewhat provisorical building
                    set up. Beside the identified Pennzee and Märklin buildings there are two
                    structures designed by Ken Clark (Mary's Cafe and Johnsons Market), has
                    anybody heared from this pioneer of Z scale structures? The Micro-structures
                    brass kits are still waiting for their assembly. The saloon comes out of an
                    surprice egg and the small factory is from Artitec. Palm Trees, Cattle Pen,
                    Aermotor, telefone poles and swimming pool are home-grown.

                    Well, the name Lonesome Dove I got from Garth Brook's similar named song, not
                    knowing about Larry McMurtry and his masterpiece (Sorry about this, I am not
                    that deep into American literature...). But by the way - what is his story?

                    Enjoy Z scaling and have fun

                    Kurt

                    Visit Lonesome Dove at
                    http://hometown.aol.de/redrockrail/index.html

                  • Mihalka, Michael
                    Message 9 of 11 , Feb 4 4:38 AM
                      Hi from an American in Germany -- we call Bodensee, Lake Constance.

                      Cheers!
                      Michael

                      Message 10 of 11 , Feb 4 4:05 PM
                        Hi Michael,
                        I wish I was an American in Germany! I really miss being there with my
                        extended family in Oberammergau. Isn't Bodensee on the way to Salzburg from
                        Munich?
                        Best,
                        Jay Greer

                        From: "Mihalka, Michael" <mihalkam@...>
                        Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 13:38:07 +0100
                        To: <z_scale@yahoogroups.com>

                        Message 11 of 11 , Feb 5 12:22 PM
                          Hi Jay,

                          it really depend what route you are choosing...

                          In a more common view the Bodensee is about 200 km westwards of Munich. What
                          you mean is the Chiemsee.

                          Best regards from a very snowy Bodensee.

                          Kurt