Re: [z_scale] Reminder - VEC at Salmon Arm, BC / Clarification Please

  • Jeffrey MacHan
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 9 8:44 PM
      Hi Jay,

      VEC is the shorthand I use for my layout, Val Ease Central Railroad. I just
      got back from the Pacific Northwest Region's 7th Division train show in
      Nanaimo, BC. There were 1050 visitors on a beautiful sunny and warm spring
      day on the island.

      My next outing with the VEC is to Salmon Arm, BC, for the 7th Division meet
      in the BC interior. I'll be giving a clinic on scenery techniques and
      exhibiting the layout. It will be judged (finally) for the NMRA scenery
      certificate and for part of the Civil Engineering certificate.

      If you get back to Washington State by May 6th, you can come to see me and
      the VEC at the PNR 1st division mini meet in Eugene, OR. The next stop
      after that will probably be in Lethbridge, Alberta, for the PNR 2nd division
      meet May 19-20.

      The VEC's last appearance on the West Coast will be in San Jose, CA, for the
      NMRA National Train show, August 3-6, 2000. After that, you'll have to come
      see it in Detroit, MI, next September 15-17, 2000.

      Why Detroit? because as I hinted at several weeks ago, my transfer to
      Toronto, Ontario has been confirmed. We will be moving immediately after
      our return from the National Train show in San Jose in August. I have spent
      3 wonderful years in Vancouver and hopefully have inspired some modelers to
      explore the attractions of Z scale.

      I'm looking forward to seeing the Z scalers throughout Central Canada and
      the States.

      Jeffrey MacHan
      CEO Val Ease Central RR http://www.Val-Ease-Central.com
      Moderator Z_Scale@...
      Ztrack Magazine Contributing Editor http://www.ztrack.com
      ZeBayer http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/val-ease/

      >From: Jay & Anne Greer <redwitch1@...>
      >To: <z_scale@egroups.com>
      >Subject: Re: [z_scale] Reminder - VEC at Salmon Arm, BC / Clarification
      >Please
      >Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2000 08:05:32 -0700
      >
      >Hello BC Group,
      >Normaly I live in Port Townsend Washington. However, I am stuck in
      >California until my new hip heals. I often visit your area and wish that I
      >could come to the VEC meet. Could you please bring me up to speed and
      >translate the meaning of the abbreviated term <VEC> for me. I must have
      >been out chasing rabbits when it was first introduced! If any of you are
      >interested, I would sure be interested in dropping by and talking shop the
      >next time I am visiting BC.
      >Hope your meet is a great success!
      >Cheers,
      >Jay Greer/ Der Wegmann
      >
      > > Date: Saturday, April 22, 2000
      > > Time: 12:00AM - 1:00AM PDT (GMT-07:00)
      > >
      > > VEC at 7th Division PNR meet in Salmon Arm, BC

    • Jeffrey MacHan
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 10 10:15 AM
        Hi Dan,

        Thanks for the electronic welcome to Southern Ontario. I'm looking forward
        to meeting you and begin stirring up some trouble with the establishment at
        the train shows!

        Jeffrey M.

        >From: "Dan MacKellar" <DMackellar@...>
        >To: <z_scale@egroups.com>
        >Subject: Re: [z_scale] Reminder - VEC at Salmon Arm, BC / Clarification
        >Please
        >Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 12:49:09 -0500
        >
        >Toronto Jeffrey? Right on, Welcome to Southern Ontario! :) We need more
        >Z-Scalers in this area (that I know of). I'll likely swing down to Detroit
        >in
        >Sept. and see the VEC, the west coast dates are a bit far for me!
        >
        >Looking forward to seeing the VEC!
        >
        >Regards,
        >Dan MacKellar

      • Jay & Anne Greer
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 10 1:21 PM
          Hi Jeffrey,
          Drat! Now I am in a green funk! To miss meeting you and your famous Val
          Ease layout is more than disappointing, it is down right disastrous! I have
          been fascinated by your lay out ever since I first heard of it. Unless I
          can be able to see you and it in San Jose I think I will miss out on it. I
          may be in Germany at that time. Such are the fortunes of us Znuts!
          Thanks for the reply. If there is any way to get to San Jose I will. One
          of my own pet projects is an 8138 mine train running circles inside of a
          giant industrial light bulb.
          Best wishes,
          Jay Greer/Der Wegman