Re: [z_scale] Reminder - VEC at Salmon Arm, BC / Clarification Please

  • Jay & Anne Greer
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 8, 2000
      Hello BC Group,
      Normaly I live in Port Townsend Washington. However, I am stuck in
      California until my new hip heals. I often visit your area and wish that I
      could come to the VEC meet. Could you please bring me up to speed and
      translate the meaning of the abbreviated term <VEC> for me. I must have
      been out chasing rabbits when it was first introduced! If any of you are
      interested, I would sure be interested in dropping by and talking shop the
      next time I am visiting BC.
      Hope your meet is a great success!
      Cheers,
      Jay Greer/ Der Wegmann

      > From: z_scale@egroups.com
      > Date: 8 Apr 2000 07:02:03 -0000
      > To: z_scale@egroups.com
      > Subject: [z_scale] Reminder - VEC at Salmon Arm, BC

      > VEC at Salmon Arm, BC
      >
      > Date: Saturday, April 22, 2000
      > Time: 12:00AM - 1:00AM PDT (GMT-07:00)
      >
      > VEC at 7th Division PNR meet in Salmon Arm, BC

      > PERFORM CPR ON YOUR APR!
      > Apply NOW!
      >
      > CraZy 'bout Zee!

    • Dan MacKellar
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 10, 2000
        Toronto Jeffrey? Right on, Welcome to Southern Ontario! :) We need more
        Z-Scalers in this area (that I know of). I'll likely swing down to Detroit
        in
        Sept. and see the VEC, the west coast dates are a bit far for me!

        Looking forward to seeing the VEC!

        Regards,
        Dan MacKellar

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 15, 2000

          VEC at Salmon Arm, BC

          Date: Saturday, April 22, 2000

          Message 4 of 5 , May 6 12:47 PM
            Sorry Jeffrey, just got back online after a month-long hiatus. You're
            welcome! I'm planning a new layout, which will be 2.5'X5' and feature
            a double track loop with a stub end coal branch. I'm also going back
            to HO for a switching layout, but the Z-scale display will accompany
            me to shows.

            I had originally intended to model Tennessee Central, but my love for
            the state of Pennsylvania has inspired the freelance Lakeshore,
            Pennsylvania & Western. My now primered F-Units will receive
            paint shortly, as will my PRR 4-6-2. My 2-8-2 is in the shop due to
            the drivers being out of quarter. (Quartering Drivers in Z is a pain!)

            Anyway, I'll be preparing a rough track plan and history and posting it
            shortly. Hope to see ya' in Sept.,
            Regards,
            Dan MacKellar