Reminder - VEC at Salmon Arm, BC

  • z_scale@egroups.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 8 12:02 AM

      VEC at Salmon Arm, BC

      Date: Saturday, April 22, 2000
      Time: 12:00AM - 1:00AM PDT (GMT-07:00)

      VEC at 7th Division PNR meet in Salmon Arm, BC
    • Jay & Anne Greer
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 8 8:05 AM
        Hello BC Group,
        Normaly I live in Port Townsend Washington. However, I am stuck in
        California until my new hip heals. I often visit your area and wish that I
        could come to the VEC meet. Could you please bring me up to speed and
        translate the meaning of the abbreviated term <VEC> for me. I must have
        been out chasing rabbits when it was first introduced! If any of you are
        interested, I would sure be interested in dropping by and talking shop the
        next time I am visiting BC.
        Hope your meet is a great success!
        Cheers,
        Jay Greer/ Der Wegmann

        > From: z_scale@egroups.com
        > Date: 8 Apr 2000 07:02:03 -0000
        > To: z_scale@egroups.com
        > Subject: [z_scale] Reminder - VEC at Salmon Arm, BC

        > VEC at Salmon Arm, BC
        >
        > Date: Saturday, April 22, 2000
        > Time: 12:00AM - 1:00AM PDT (GMT-07:00)
        >
        > VEC at 7th Division PNR meet in Salmon Arm, BC

        > PERFORM CPR ON YOUR APR!
        > Apply NOW!
        >
        > CraZy 'bout Zee!

      • Dan MacKellar
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 10 10:49 AM
          Toronto Jeffrey? Right on, Welcome to Southern Ontario! :) We need more
          Z-Scalers in this area (that I know of). I'll likely swing down to Detroit
          in
          Sept. and see the VEC, the west coast dates are a bit far for me!

          Looking forward to seeing the VEC!

          Regards,
          Dan MacKellar

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 15 12:02 AM

            VEC at Salmon Arm, BC

            Date: Saturday, April 22, 2000

            Message 5 of 5 , May 6, 2000
              Sorry Jeffrey, just got back online after a month-long hiatus. You're
              welcome! I'm planning a new layout, which will be 2.5'X5' and feature
              a double track loop with a stub end coal branch. I'm also going back
              to HO for a switching layout, but the Z-scale display will accompany
              me to shows.

              I had originally intended to model Tennessee Central, but my love for
              the state of Pennsylvania has inspired the freelance Lakeshore,
              Pennsylvania & Western. My now primered F-Units will receive
              paint shortly, as will my PRR 4-6-2. My 2-8-2 is in the shop due to
              the drivers being out of quarter. (Quartering Drivers in Z is a pain!)

              Anyway, I'll be preparing a rough track plan and history and posting it
              shortly. Hope to see ya' in Sept.,
              Regards,
              Dan MacKellar