Re: [z_scale] 81830 set

  • MASALOWE@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 2, 2003
      I studied the image and enlarged it. Bill is correct. It does read Southern
      Pacific Lines. -Scott-

    • zjrth <zjrth@aol.com>
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 3, 2003
        At the Modellbahn-kramm.com site 81830 is the european version. The
        American version is 81835. and yes it looks like a Southern Pacific
        Mikado Jim--- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, zbendtrack@a... wrote:
        > Rob:
        >
        > > Looks Like a Southern Locomotive to me - the rest is too fuzzy...
        > > Best,
        > > -Rob
        > >
        > Southern usually painted their steamers green, not black. I make
        it out to
        > be three words, as in: Southern Pacific Lines.
        >
        > If I'm right, Whhoooopppiiiieeeee.....< smile >
        >
        > Bill K.
        > Houston

      • Larry Donsbach
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 3, 2003
          81535 and 81830 are the same sets with different voltage power packs. The 81535 is the 110 volt version and the road name is the Northern Pacific.

          Larry Donsbach
          San Antonio, TX

          At the Modellbahn-kramm.com site 81830 is the european version. The
          American version is 81835. and yes it looks like a Southern Pacific
          Mikado Jim--- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, zbendtrack@a... wrote:
          > Rob:
          >
          > > Looks Like a Southern Locomotive to me - the rest is too fuzzy...
          > > Best,
          > > -Rob
          > >
          > Southern usually painted their steamers green, not black. I make
          it out to
          > be three words, as in: Southern Pacific Lines.
          >
          > If I'm right, Whhoooopppiiiieeeee.....< smile >
          >
          > Bill K.
          > Houston

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • Randy Smidt
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 3, 2003
            It doesn't make a whole of sense to mix up a set like this with one from the West and one from the East, but it looks like the steamer is a Southern Pacific and the F7 and coaches are Southern.

            Randy Smidt