Re: [z_scale] 81830 set

  • zbendtrack@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 2, 2003
      Rob:

      > Looks Like a Southern Locomotive to me - the rest is too fuzzy...
      > Best,
      > -Rob

      Southern usually painted their steamers green, not black. I make it out to
      be three words, as in: Southern Pacific Lines.

      If I'm right, Whhoooopppiiiieeeee.....< smile >

      Bill K.
      Houston

    • MASALOWE@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 2, 2003
        I studied the image and enlarged it. Bill is correct. It does read Southern
        Pacific Lines. -Scott-

      • zjrth <zjrth@aol.com>
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 3, 2003
          At the Modellbahn-kramm.com site 81830 is the european version. The
          American version is 81835. and yes it looks like a Southern Pacific
          Mikado Jim--- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, zbendtrack@a... wrote:
          > Rob:
          >
          > > Looks Like a Southern Locomotive to me - the rest is too fuzzy...
          > > Best,
          > > -Rob
          > >
          > Southern usually painted their steamers green, not black. I make
          it out to
          > be three words, as in: Southern Pacific Lines.
          >
          > If I'm right, Whhoooopppiiiieeeee.....< smile >
          >
          > Bill K.
          > Houston

        • Larry Donsbach
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 3, 2003
            81535 and 81830 are the same sets with different voltage power packs. The 81535 is the 110 volt version and the road name is the Northern Pacific.

            Larry Donsbach
            San Antonio, TX

            At the Modellbahn-kramm.com site 81830 is the european version. The
            American version is 81835. and yes it looks like a Southern Pacific
            Mikado Jim--- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, zbendtrack@a... wrote:
            > Rob:
            >
            > > Looks Like a Southern Locomotive to me - the rest is too fuzzy...
            > > Best,
            > > -Rob
            > >
            > Southern usually painted their steamers green, not black. I make
            it out to
            > be three words, as in: Southern Pacific Lines.
            >
            > If I'm right, Whhoooopppiiiieeeee.....< smile >
            >
            > Bill K.
            > Houston

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          • Randy Smidt
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 3, 2003
              It doesn't make a whole of sense to mix up a set like this with one from the West and one from the East, but it looks like the steamer is a Southern Pacific and the F7 and coaches are Southern.

              Randy Smidt