Re: [z_scale] Tender Power Pickup / How Many Have It?

  • Helmut Paule
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2003
      Hallo John,

      I changed 2 Lok's # 8895, # 8882,
      and working on the third.... # 8896 + adding a tender.
      What a difference in running, no more stalling,
      no hesitations on Turnouts at slow speeds....
      To get more pull power:
      I plan to use on the 8896 Traction-tires from M.Joerger Germany,

      "Z" Greetings, Helmut

      "HAPPY NEW YEAR"

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2003
        Hi Helmut,

        Your positive results with the tender pickup power are very encouraging
        to hear. I've spoken with Jim Hinds of Richmond Controls,
        http://www.richmondcontrols.com/, and he has been very helpful so far.
        He has wipers that will work for Z trucks and he also sells two-pin
        connector sets that include 6” of highly flexible wire. I'm picking up
        some Northern Pacific 4-6-2 Steam Locos w/tenders, and I'll be trying
        this installation out on them.

        I'm really looking forward to the kind of steam engine performance you
        spoke of!

        John
        http://www.ztrains.com