Swapping couplers

  • Vincent Goudreault
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2003
      Hell all.

      I have several Micro-Trains cars which I bought way back in 1985
      (never had the time to build a layout; still not able to do that, but that
      may change in the mid-term) with the Marklin style coupler that I would
      like to convert to Magne-Matic. I found some instructions on

      http://www.zscale.org/articles/couplers.html

      but my current couplers are installed *around* the truck mount.
      How can I remove the trucks (without breaking the fragile car)?
      The irony of it is that the replacement coupler should be mounted
      in the body, which already has the proper hole, and could be installed
      without truck removal; it is thus the removal of the Marklin style
      coupler that is my problem. Any suggestions?

      CBVG
    • johnengbers@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2003
        Marklin style coupler is easy to remove from Micro trains cars. Pull the pin
        on the truck and the coupler comes off. Regards, John Engbers