Tender Power Pickup / How Many Have It?

  • John Cubbin
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 23 1:49 PM
      Hi,

      I was just wondering how many people have assembled some type of tender
      power pickup for their steam locomotives? Also, I'd be interested in
      hearing how well it works for you.

      John
      http://www.ztrains.com
    • Helmut Paule
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 1, 2003
        Hallo John,

        I changed 2 Lok's # 8895, # 8882,
        and working on the third.... # 8896 + adding a tender.
        What a difference in running, no more stalling,
        no hesitations on Turnouts at slow speeds....
        To get more pull power:
        I plan to use on the 8896 Traction-tires from M.Joerger Germany,

        "Z" Greetings, Helmut

        "HAPPY NEW YEAR"

        > I was just wondering how many people have assembled some type of tender
        > power pickup for their steam locomotives? Also, I'd be interested in
        > hearing how well it works for you.
        >
        > John
        > http://www.ztrains.com

      • John Cubbin
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 2, 2003
          Hi Helmut,

          Your positive results with the tender pickup power are very encouraging
          to hear. I've spoken with Jim Hinds of Richmond Controls,
          http://www.richmondcontrols.com/, and he has been very helpful so far.
          He has wipers that will work for Z trucks and he also sells two-pin
          connector sets that include 6” of highly flexible wire. I'm picking up
          some Northern Pacific 4-6-2 Steam Locos w/tenders, and I'll be trying
          this installation out on them.

          I'm really looking forward to the kind of steam engine performance you
          spoke of!

          John
          http://www.ztrains.com