Re: [z_scale] Z scale ties

  • Bill Hoshiko
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 25 3:46 PM
      Ole Rosted wrote:

      > From: Ole Rosted <Ole.Rosted@...>
      >
      > On Sat, 25 Mar 2000 12:02:44 -0800, you wrote:

      <snip>

      > BTW: What do you mean by: Styrene strips? They are all plastic -
      > aren't they. Or are they cupper-clad and solderable in any way?

      They are just plastic strips. No, you cannot solder to them.

      I am still working on the problem of how to fasten the rail to the ties.
      I will not be using PC ties. The only place that I plan to use PC ties
      is for the throw bar on the switch. (that is, until I can think of
      something better)

      <snip>

      > :-)) How right you are! The real problem with Z is the size of
      > things. You can't see, what you are doing without a brain-surgeon's
      > headgear, and you can't use ordinary tools, rulers etc because they
      > are too coarse. On the other hand the size is a challenge.
      >
      > I have completely lost my interest in HO and N and the other gigantic
      > scales, since my Z-trains entered the scene.
      >
      > regards Ole Rosted, Denmark

      When I started with HO, the most popular scale was O gauge. HO was
      considered to be much to small to be practical.

      After I was into Z for a while, I could not believe how big HO was.
      It's all a matter of perspective.

      We will soon solve the problem of handlaying Z scale track and move on
      to radio controlled Z scale locomotives with an onboard power source.
      No longer will we be concerned with cleaning rail.

      Bill
      El Toro