Re: [z_scale] Re: Ideal Radius for Large Passenger (Orient Express)

  • The Prez
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2002
      <snip>
      >> What is your experience with AZLs operating through
      >> Marklin turnouts?
      >>
      >To be true, not amazing when running them single
      >units. Oftenly stalls. But OK when running a 2 or
      >3-unit (or more) lashup.
      >
      >Hope this helps
      >
      >Dominique

      So in order to get an AZL $500 loco working smoothly through a standard
      turnout, I have to spend another $500-1,000? No thanks, I think I'll stick
      with MTL. I just wish they would make something a little more recent than
      an F7.

      Greg

      I didn't expirience any problem with AZL locos and Marklin turnouts. They had problems with 8510 curves (I have only those curves) that I was able to partially fix following the suggestions from this this group. In the worst case (C44) it slow down on the tight curve but does not stop anymore. The truck mounted coupler provided anyway the best result.

      Alex