Re: [z_scale] Re: Do you know about Z-scale shops in London?

  • ahellary
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 30, 2002
      osbornes is in abindon which is about 40 miles from london

      tony the mad uk z'er
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2002
        --- In z_scale@y..., "Svein-Martin Holt" <smholt@s...> wrote:
        > I will go to London next week.
        > I wonder if some of you know about any Z-scale shops in London, UK,
        having
        > Märklin or other brands with Z-scale equipment?
        > A place to buy Peco Z-scale flextrack?

        Travellers to the UK, and anyone else interested, ought to know about
        this site:

        http://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/

        Jeremy.
      • jmac_han
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 2, 2002
          Hi Gang,

          I'd really like to thank Jeremy for providing this terrific link to
          resources in the UK. I have been having a great time exploring the
          databases and lists. I learned that Z scale is well represented at
          train shows thanks to the efforts of Graham Jones (ZClub92-GB).

          See:

          http://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/layouts/eLayouts.html

          and scroll down to the Northamptonshire list.

          Graham has 3 layouts available for exhibitions: "Greenridge Docks" -
          a US prototype freestanding layout that measures 6' x 2', "Hoen
          Steine Burg" - a German prototype freestanding layout that measures
          8' x 2' and the "Wintersdorf" display layout.

          No wonder I can't get a booking for the Val Ease Central in the UK.
          Graham has the country blanketed with Z! I believe that he was
          present at the Warley National Train Show two weeks ago in
          Birmingham, UK and has several other shows on his calendar.

          Cheers,
          Jeffrey MacHan