Do you know about Z-scale shops in London?

  • Svein-Martin Holt
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 30, 2002
      Hi gang

      I will go to London next week.
      I wonder if some of you know about any Z-scale shops in London, UK, having
      Märklin or other brands with Z-scale equipment?
      A place to buy Peco Z-scale flextrack?

      Hilsen/Regards,
      Svein-Martin Holt

      Name: Svein-Martin Holt E-mail: smholt@...
      Country: Norway Mobil: +47 91 76 76 48
      Internet: http://www.platelayer.com
    • ahellary
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 30, 2002
        the only shop i know of is hamleys of regent street but i expet it will be
        expensive and i dounbt that would have peco track but i could be wrong

        Tony the mad uk z'er
        > I wonder if some of you know about any Z-scale shops in London, UK, having
        > Märklin or other brands with Z-scale equipment?
        > A place to buy Peco Z-scale flextrack?
        >
        > Hilsen/Regards,
        > Svein-Martin Holt

        > Name: Svein-Martin Holt E-mail: smholt@...
        > Country: Norway Mobil: +47 91 76 76 48
        > Internet: http://www.platelayer.com

      • Bill Hoshiko
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 30, 2002
          --- In z_scale@y..., "Svein-Martin Holt" <smholt@s...> wrote:
          > Hi gang
          >
          > I will go to London next week.
          > I wonder if some of you know about any Z-scale shops in London,
          UK, having
          > Märklin or other brands with Z-scale equipment?

          Looking in Nn3 groups I found this post from Mark Fielder.

          For Microtrains and Marklin bits, the best contact in the UK I can
          think of is Osborn's Models, run by Maurice Pearce
          ( http://www.modelrailshop.com/ ).
          You can do online orders or they have a very good shop at Abingdon,
          which is a fair trek from London, I know.

          Mark

          I know that there are other posts about Z shops on the Nn3 groups
          file but this is the only one that I found. Hope that you don't mind
          Mark.

          Bill
          El Toro, ca
        • ahellary
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 30, 2002
            osbornes is in abindon which is about 40 miles from london

            tony the mad uk z'er
            > I wonder if some of you know about any Z-scale shops in London,
            UK, having
            > Märklin or other brands with Z-scale equipment?

            Looking in Nn3 groups I found this post from Mark Fielder.

            For Microtrains and Marklin bits, the best contact in the UK I can
            think of is Osborn's Models, run by Maurice Pearce
            ( http://www.modelrailshop.com/ ).
            You can do online orders or they have a very good shop at Abingdon,
            which is a fair trek from London, I know.

            Mark

            I know that there are other posts about Z shops on the Nn3 groups
            file but this is the only one that I found. Hope that you don't mind
            Mark.

            Bill
            El Toro, ca

          • Jeremy Brandon
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 1, 2002
              --- In z_scale@y..., "Svein-Martin Holt" <smholt@s...> wrote:
              > I will go to London next week.
              > I wonder if some of you know about any Z-scale shops in London, UK,
              having
              > Märklin or other brands with Z-scale equipment?
              > A place to buy Peco Z-scale flextrack?

              Travellers to the UK, and anyone else interested, ought to know about
              this site:

              http://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/

              Jeremy.
            • jmac_han
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 2, 2002
                Hi Gang,

                I'd really like to thank Jeremy for providing this terrific link to
                resources in the UK. I have been having a great time exploring the
                databases and lists. I learned that Z scale is well represented at
                train shows thanks to the efforts of Graham Jones (ZClub92-GB).

                See:

                http://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/layouts/eLayouts.html

                and scroll down to the Northamptonshire list.

                Graham has 3 layouts available for exhibitions: "Greenridge Docks" -
                a US prototype freestanding layout that measures 6' x 2', "Hoen
                Steine Burg" - a German prototype freestanding layout that measures
                8' x 2' and the "Wintersdorf" display layout.

                No wonder I can't get a booking for the Val Ease Central in the UK.
                Graham has the country blanketed with Z! I believe that he was
                present at the Warley National Train Show two weeks ago in
                Birmingham, UK and has several other shows on his calendar.

                Cheers,
                Jeffrey MacHan