Re: Class A railroads

  • Bill Hoshiko
    Message 1 of 27 , Nov 30, 2002
      --- In z_scale@y..., de Champeaux Dominique <ddechamp71@y...> wrote:

      > But my standards are not "the good way", I don't
      > pretend to be right!
      > Cheers
      > Dominique

      The only definition that I know of for "the good way" is whether you
      have can make a train go or not. Many would even consider static
      displays.

      A circle of track from Marklin's starter pack, operated by the
      amazing Marklin "go - no go" battery pack is far better than any
      layout that my imagination can conjure up. Add a tree from Thek and
      you have a layout with scenery.

      Even a stretch of track where you can test a locomotive is an
      admirable "layout".

      If you have a chance, please check out this site:

      http://carendt.com/

      Not Z scale but small and true operating layouts.

      But we are changing the subject. I think that the subject was
      directed particularly toward modules used at public shows which
      included the invitation for any Z scale model owner to bring his/her
      train to the show and operate it on the exhibit.

      It seems that some AZL locomotives had difficulties completing the
      entire circuit and ideas for different standards were being
      suggested.

      Bill
      El Toro, ca