Re: Low Speed Control

  • Bim Bousman
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 4, 2002
      My most recent success with low speed control has to do with lubrucation...

      ( This comes after totally clean track, wheels, and sliding contacts.)

      I use LaBelle 108 everywhere... axles, spur gears, worms.... and I apply
      it with a hypodermic needle.

      What I found out is that too much oil is bad. It makes things cling to each
      other, which increases drag, which increases the power required to make
      things go, which makes them go faster, which does not help slow operation.

      So, what I am doing now is
      a) Put some LaBelle 108 on everything
      b) Take as much of it off as I can without using solvents.
      c) Take a little more off after that.

      Somehow then I seem to have more control... and better control at very low
      speeds.

      Bim Bousman
      Honolulu
      ************************************8
    • Jeremy Brandon
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 4, 2002
        --- In z_scale@y..., "Bim Bousman" <bim@s...> wrote:
        > So, what I am doing now is
        > a) Put some LaBelle 108 on everything
        > b) Take as much of it off as I can without using solvents.
        > c) Take a little more off after that.
        > Somehow then I seem to have more control... and better control at
        > very low speeds.

        I agree. You need your locos in very good condition AND you need the
        right controller. I've been working for six years trying to make it!
        I'm getting there. Does anyone want to join my "Campaign for
        Realistic Zpeedz"? Now I'm off to Köln. I look forward to you all
        sorting it out while I'm away! Jeremy.