Winter is coming!

  • Franz Kerschbaum
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 4, 2002
      Dear z-friends!

      After some good inputs from the list I finally
      managed to finish my first winter-diorama. Its
      size is only 29.7x21cm (DIN A4)!

      As you know I like to make pictures of my rolling stock
      with my Nikon Coolpix 4500 (before 990).
      Please click at "Neu" to see the new pictures
      in the winter environment:
      http://www.astro.univie.ac.at/~fzi/z/
      (sorry for the german-only page!)

      Have fun
      FranZ, Vienna
    • Kari Tanskanen
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 4, 2002
        Cool!
        I have to add snow on mountain tops too. What is it, actually?

        Kari
        Kari Tanskanen ktanskan@...
        http://tappi.me.tut.fi/~ktanskan/photo/z/
        Tampere University of Technology Machine Design Laboratory
      • Franz Kerschbaum
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 4, 2002
          There are two versions of my pictures:
          1) kind of late winter with less snow. Here
          I use only white paint...
          2) additional loose snow: thats called Aerosil and you
          get it at your pharmacy (they use it to add it
          to powders to make the "lighter" and less compact.

          Cheers
          Franz, Vienna

          ======
          > Kari Tanskanen ktanskan@m...
          > http://tappi.me.tut.fi/~ktanskan/photo/z/
          > Tampere University of Technology Machine Design Laboratory

          ======
        • M. Gottschalch
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 4, 2002
            Great pictures FranZ. :-)