RE:Track cutting

  • Chris Sheldrake
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2002
      Cliff,

      Sometimes it is necessary or desirable to cut track in position on the
      layout. For example when laying a length of flexible track round a curve
      which will then be connected to a turnout. In this situation I find it best
      to pin down the flexi track exactly in position then cut the end of each
      rail exactly to length in position. To do this I have found it easiest to
      use one of those hand held minature drills (Dremel for example) fitted with
      an arbor and a small cut-off disc. This will give a completely clean cut and
      put no strain on the track at all. It's also useful for cleaning up the
      track ends and for drilling very small holes through sleepers, baseboards
      etc.

      Hope this helps

      Chris Sheldrake