Track

  • Cliff Travis
    Message 1 of 96 , Nov 2, 2002
      Hi,
      I need advice on laying flex track.
      Are there any tricks to getting smooth curves?----- to get a good
      transition from a flextrack curve to straight standard Marklin track?----
      best way to trim rail length?
      Regards
      Cliff

      All Seasons Camera
      Cliff Travis
      5 Harvard Lane PO Box 111
      Hastings on Hudson, NY 10706
      cliff@...

      www.allcamera.com
      914 478 0931
      FAX 914 478 7354
    • Ben Scaro
      Message 96 of 96 , Feb 14, 2009
        Of perhaps limited interest and circulation, but the Modelling the
        Railways of SA Convention notes include two fantastic articles
        arguing that 'track is a model too' and suggesting a variety of ways
        of replicating the look of Australian track.

        On the mainlines track is well sleepered, but Australian branchlines
        are infamous for light rail and widely and unevenly spaced
        sleepers. On many narrow gauge lines with wood sleepers, every
        fourth or fifth sleeper would be steel, the intention being to hold
        the rails in gauge.

        In Z, modelling it would require the use of code 30 rail at least,
        but code 25 would be better.

        Ben