Casey Jones woes

  • Roger Shimada
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2002
      The Casey Jones loco is a wonderfully detailed piece of work.

      Mine seems to have a problem: the cow catcher is too low. It may be scraping against the track. (That probably explains why it has trouble pulling all of the cars in the set.) It hits the points on turnouts and gets stuck.

      Any suggestions would sure be appreciated!
    • Reynard Wellman
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 2002
        Hello Roger,

        The only thing to do is to either file some of the
        material off the bottom of the cattle catcher and
        then touch it up with Badger-Engine Black or
        bend it up slightly which would be ugly.

        It has trouble pulling the cars because it does not
        have enough weight to hold traction. I would not
        haul more than three of the four pullmans and would
        avoid running it on grades of any kind. Some of
        this Z scale stuff works best on a flat coffee table
        with a limited amount of turnouts and that's about it.

        Good luck,
        Reynard